Best wire for Big 3??

1/0 is fine for the big 3, they aren't that long of runs, and usually 4 gauge is big enough if your planning on leaving the stock wiring in place.

thanks for the help. im leaning towards the kolossus fleks. would i use the 1/0 for all three cables? and also approx how many feet of wire would i need to order to be on the safe side?

thanks for the help. im leaning towards the kolossus fleks. would i use the 1/0 for all three cables? and also approx how many feet of wire would i need to order to be on the safe side?
the kolossus flex is great. if you can, i would go with some welding cable or kicker hyperflex. the hyperflex is really flexible and silver tinned ofc.

It really depends on how much current your alternator produces, but 4 gauge wire along with the stock wiring (if left in place) is more then enough for any stock alternator easily. If you want a more clean looking intsall, then replace the stock wiring with all 1/0 and you will be fine. It comes down to your budget.

I mean you can go overkill if you want, but 4 gauge wire can handle up to 250 amps of current in up to a 4 ft run.

just use 1/0 gauge and dont ever need to look back on "if" or buts. i used kicker hyperflex cus all my other wire was already kicker and figured id run all same brand, but i think any wire will do the job. i hear kicker wire is pretty **** good though. a little ore expensive. a 20 foot spool will run u at about 95 bucks on sonicelectronix.com (thats the cheapest i was able to fnid it) or see if anyone has it here on the classfields. thats where i got my run

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.