Best way to hook up 4 speakers to a 2 channel amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chris1679

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a question. I have an amp that can handle 2ohm. It's a Boss r4002 800w amp.
It's 2 channel. Right now I have 4 pioneer 5way 6x9 they are 4ohm. They are hooked up parallel. Would it be be better to run them in series instead and is there anyway to hook up 2 more 6x9 to it or 4 seems to be the max I can put on this 2 channel amp?

Is there a way to run all 4 in series then bridge it across both channels?

I guess basically my question is what is the best way to hook up my speakers.

I hope I posted this in the correct spot.

I have a question. I have an amp that can handle 2ohm. It's a Boss r4002 800w amp.
It's 2 channel. Right now I have 4 pioneer 5way 6x9 they are 4ohm. They are hooked up parallel. Would it be be better to run them in series instead and is there anyway to hook up 2 more 6x9 to it or 4 seems to be the max I can put on this 2 channel amp?

Is there a way to run all 4 in series then bridge it across both channels?

I guess basically my question is what is the best way to hook up my speakers.

I hope I posted this in the correct spot.

The best way to hook up those speakers to that amp would be to utilize both channels unbridged, each being parallel. Keep left and right speakers together and separate front to back. Example: Front right and front left, wired in parallel to channel a @ 2 ohms for 300W RMS and rear right and rear left wired in parallel to channel b @ 2 ohms for 300W RMS. Bridging isn't a good idea in this scenario. The only alternative way with these speakers/this amp is to wire front and back in series with their corresponding side, then parallel the two circuits on a single channel @ 150W (37.5W per speaker) and 4ohm, which would give you 300W @ 2 ohm to use for a subwoofer on the other channel.

All of that being said, it's incredibly misleading to call that a 800w amplifier, Boss is famously way off on their ratings so even that 300W rms claim might be exaggerated.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.