Best sub/port placement?

But you need SQ and are going to be banging 20hz sine bombs on subs that can be stuffed under the seat of a pickup truck?

Have very reasonable expectations here.
I do. I guess what I’m getting at is I’m not trying to get as loud as possible… of course I wanna feel it, but I mainly want it to sound really good and accurate.

I do. I guess what I’m getting at is I’m not trying to get as loud as possible… of course I wanna feel it, but I mainly want it to sound really good and accurate.

I think part of the translation of sound is the volume level. Something like a punch might not feel or seem as accurate or deep if it's more quite. You can technically make 8's on lows sound good, but the actual pressure levels of 2 8's in a giant pickup cabin trying to play low notes under the seat might be lacking. If you we able to fit 4 of those 8's on like 2000-2500w, it would make me more confident that the system would be able to pressurize the cabin on low notes significantly better. Lows are the hardest notes to reproduce loudly because of physics, typically, and small woofers in a large airspace are maybe going to struggle some on creating decent pressure on low notes.

You could always do 2 of the 8's under one side of the seat, get a box that's designed to try to do what you want the best. If that isn't loud enough, you could mirror the box on the other side and have 4 8's in total.

I think you may just have to try it and see. If you just do the 2 8's under half of the rear seat, then you could easily just double the system if it wasn't enough.
That doesn’t sound like a bad idea. I would love to try a LOT of different subs/configurations, but time and money are thin haha. I had 2 10w3s in a sealed down firing box in my 08 f150 and they actually sounded good. So I’m sure 2 8s ported on more power would sound even better.

@Ridinhi I see you have experience with the Adire KH501. Think 2 10s ported under the back seat would sound good?
I have a set of the 12’s sealed. Did a short demo in my truck. They got decently loud considering but I really didn’t play around with them much. I’m just fed up with trying to get my truck loud,lol. But imo, I think a pair of 10’s ported should get down pretty nicely and sound great!

I have a set of the 12’s sealed. Did a short demo in my truck. They got decently loud considering but I really didn’t play around with them much. I’m just fed up with trying to get my truck loud,lol. But imo, I think a pair of 10’s ported should get down pretty nicely and sound great!
Adire says they need 1 to 1.3 cubes ported… I have plenty of room to achieve that. Now I just need to order them so I can stop sub searching 😭

All those terms are very subjective, but you should google "Hoffman's Iron Law".

Cliff notes: Mr. Hoffman suggests that you're going to have a tough time here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...