Best SQ Components Under $400

cjjackson85
5,000+ posts

Banned
Idaho
I used to be a basshead looking for pure SPL. Now I've changed my evil ways. I've thrown out my 2 15'' RFs and replaced them with 2 12'' JL W7's. I'm looking for a set of 6.5's to compliment these subs. Right now I have an MTX 304 that pushes 35w x 4 but I will certainly upgrade once I get my speakers. I've heard a set of Diamond Hex s600's and they really got my attention, but I'm not certain yet. Any suggestions uder $400 dollars are welcome. I want the best SQ imaginable.

2 w7 not spl?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

anyways, for 400 I'd look over focal k2p, cdt hd or euro, dynaudio, id, mbquart qsd,...hmmm what else am i missing...try to give a demo on each of these comps at your local shop and see which one you like best.

go with the cdt hd's. they are a little expensive to me but if you can find a good deal on them then grab them. cdt has the best tweeters i have ever heard. they are soft and are not harsh and the midbass is pretty good too. i got my hd's paired with a us acoustics 4065 bridged to 160x2 wrms and they sound great. just out of curiousity what are you powering them w7's with?

They W7's will be in a slot-ported box tuned to 37hz. I am powering each with 1 RF bD1000.1 . So these on a 3 ohm load will send about 750 watts RMS to each sub, exactly what JL recommends. And where can you find CDT speakers online? We have no dealer here in my town.

I used to be a basshead looking for pure SPL. Now I've changed my evil ways. I've thrown out my 2 15'' RFs and replaced them with 2 12'' JL W7's. I'm looking for a set of 6.5's to compliment these subs. Right now I have an MTX 304 that pushes 35w x 4 but I will certainly upgrade once I get my speakers. I've heard a set of Diamond Hex s600's and they really got my attention, but I'm not certain yet. Any suggestions uder $400 dollars are welcome. I want the best SQ imaginable.
glad u decided to throw away the loud junk u had and purchase some loud quality, ::simle::

anyways.. sq comps under 400 bucks, a big HUMM...

personally i agree w/you on the diamond's

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11755

600s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.