Best shallow 8” or 10” subwoofer

Fantasy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dubai
What are the best shallow 8”-10” subs that will require sealed enclosures of a volume requirement less than .3 cubic feet and preferably anything close to my amps max output. (500 RMS @ 4,3,2,1.5 ohm).
Im extremely limited in space.
Open budget!

I wanted two 10's for my center console build, but didn't have the money for another JL.

I got a pair of dayton HO 10's like brand new for 170.00 shipped and decided to run those and they suit me just fine.
Those are just as good as the JL anyway. In a sealed box, the JL performs very well. In a ported setup, I’d take the Dayton HO 10 over the JL any day. No way the JL can keep up with that Dayton.

Are the mounting depths the same though? The OP sounds like he needs a shallow mount.
The JL is less depth. The guy who commented with the center console selling the JL was better off with the Dayton 10s since he had the depth. It isn’t fair to compare the JL shallow mount with the Dayton 10. The JL is the best shallow mount at that depth I’ve seen on paper.

The JL is less depth. The guy who commented with the center console selling the JL was better off with the Dayton 10s since he had the depth. It isn’t fair to compare the JL shallow mount with the Dayton 10. The JL is the best shallow mount at that depth I’ve seen on paper.

You definitely have to have realistic expectations when using shallow mounts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...