Best entry level (and affordable) 3 way component speakers?

tomlester27

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 30, 2021
I'm new to car audio. I want to install some decent 3 way components, a 10" sub and and an amp to power them. I'm going to build custom A pillar speaker pods for the 3 ways and a custom sub enclosure too (I'm good at that sort of thing) but I'm not too good when it comes to numbers, amps watts and all that sort of thing. Can anyone recommend me a decent brand to go with for my first build. I wanted to go for the Hertz Mille Pro stuff but there just a bit too expensive for me and perhaps a bit too over the top for my first build. I want something that's good but a bit more affordable. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
Honestly I have heard decent things about the CT sounds 3 ways for the price. They were just $197 for Black Friday.

Reactions: Ridinhi

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Reactions: Popwarhomie

Deon1818

May 13, 2014
I'm new to car audio. I want to install some decent 3 way components, a 10" sub and and an amp to power them. I'm going to build custom A pillar speaker pods for the 3 ways and a custom sub enclosure too (I'm good at that sort of thing) but I'm not too good when it comes to numbers, amps watts and all that sort of thing. Can anyone recommend me a decent brand to go with for my first build. I wanted to go for the Hertz Mille Pro stuff but there just a bit too expensive for me and perhaps a bit too over the top for my first build. I want something that's good but a bit more affordable. Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Have you decided to go a different direction with the sub and amp as well? IIRC you had the van right?

tomlester27

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 30, 2021
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have you decided to go a different direction with the sub and amp as well? IIRC you had the van right?
I've changed the plan slightly yes. I want 3 way components now instead of 2 way. But the sub and amp are the same. I'm still doing lots of research and trying to figure out the best parts to get. I'm still totally lost when it comes to figuring out what amp/amps I need though.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
I got a few sets of the CDT 3 ways at around the 240$ price point on that sale and am very happy with them.

Reactions: Popwarhomie

tomlester27

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 30, 2021
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been looking at these. Are they any good?

Deon1818

May 13, 2014
I've changed the plan slightly yes. I want 3 way components now instead of 2 way. But the sub and amp are the same. I'm still doing lots of research and trying to figure out the best parts to get. I'm still totally lost when it comes to figuring out what amp/amps I need though.
Can't say I have enough experience with the speakers being discussed, but I'm glad to hear you're doing the research. God speed and good music ✊

trumpet

Barry Schanz
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 3, 2011
CDT Audio and Sony

DRBOOM

CarAudio.com Well Known
Nov 21, 2018
Clarion HX range also had three way component. They were made in the same factory as Hertz and you could not tell the difference from one Brand to another. They may be a cheaper option for your but you may have to search around for them as they are discontinued now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.