Best DSP to have for car audio setup?

Participant count
  • Participants list

WorldsLoudestCreature

CarAudio.com Recruit
Georgia
Choices are between these 2 since they are around the same price and features are around the same, would like everyone's opinion! Thanks.

- Arc Audio PS8
- Helix DSP PRO MK2

Please help me figure out which one would be the better purchase thank you.

My setup will be this as follows.

/Starting out/ [Ending as]

/2 B2 X2Six 15s D2/ [4 B2 X2Six 15s D2]
/[B2 M16 GW]/
/1 B2 Reference 4/ [2 B2 Reference 4s]
/2 B2 3 Way Mani Pairs/ [4 B2 3 Way Mani Pairs]
/2 Singer 390 HO Alts/ [3 Singer 390 HO Alts]
/[2 Cyber 12k Lithiums/]
/[2XS Power SB1500-75 Super Cap Bank]/
/[One of these DSPS, with the Sony RSX GS9]/

I'm really confused as to what makes these DSPs worth 10x the price of other solid DSPs. Even of you argued the possible slight improvement in SQ, this is clearly an SPL build.

I'm really confused as to what makes these DSPs worth 10x the price of other solid DSPs. Even of you argued the possible slight improvement in SQ, this is clearly an SPL build.
Not really going for spl, honestly going for sql. But yes it will be gear towards in a way lean I ng more towards spl.

I think it's the dacs that are inside of them, they can play up to 192 /32bit music.
Lol youre better off joining the DSP group on Facebook too bro 😂 almost everyone recommends the Helix. Same with that guy Nick who owns ResoNix. Unless you’re going for budget most of em in the DSP group will tell you to run helix

I personally would get the PS8 for the swappable op amps. The Helix certainly is one of the best out there and has more channels.

It really depends on your needs and I suggest you download both softwares to see which one you prefer.

That's very interesting. May I ask, what is the point of changing them? Incase they are damaged or a increase in quality? Would the Burr Brown OPA2604 be better, sorry just curious. Would like to know the extent.

It just a more advanced customization feature to obtain a warmer sound that can't be achieved by software.

That's the point of swappable opamps. You can try them all.. BurrBrown, Muse, etc. I personally really like the Burson's.

It just a more advanced customization feature to obtain a warmer sound that can't be achieved by software.

That's the point of swappable opamps. You can try them all.. BurrBrown, Muse, etc. I personally really like the Burson's.
Where can I buy those at? And so you have the PS8 and changes over to those? What do they sound like compared to the original?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.