Best Class D amp for 2 Brahma 15 subs?

qwkracer
10+ year member

what is a good Class D amp to power a pair of Brahma 15" subs? i really dont want to use two amps.

i want to make it loud as possible. the subs will be in a sealed enclosure.(trunk space is limited in my SC400). My budget is $500-600 for the amp

thanks in advance

what if i raise my budget a little? is this a good amp to use with a sealed box? its a JBL BPx2200.1. link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=3091350923&rd=1

or should i try to fit a ported box in my trunk? my trunk is 50 inches wide, 18 inches high and 24 inches in depth. I dont use any of the space so i can use all the space for the box. I am just a little worried about the height of my trunk. will i have trouble making a ported box for this size trunk? any recommendations?

The Orion 2500d seems to be a really good amp. A friend of mine has one, and it seems great, but it pulls something like 250 amps. Are your Brahma's dual 4 ohm?

the subs are dual 2 ohms.

i currently have one Brahma 15" and a sealed subzero box that i havent installed yet. i was planning on installing it but decided to go for 2 to be real loud. i am quite new to car audio. should i experiment with a single 15" Brahma in a ported enclosure first? if i go single with a ported box, i can use my old Hifonics BX1500D to power it.

With the right ported box and 1500 watts, can i hit 140+ dbs on a single 15" brahma?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.