Best amp for 3 X15s wired at 1.3 ohms?

x2 on the gain matching. I would avoid, at a large cost, using 3 amplifiers that had to be gained matched, or any combination like that, personally. I've gain matched before, but it's just not an easy feeling to settle on gain matching, it never feels like it'll be perfect.

I think the easiest thing would to be just get a bigger monoblock, and keep your subs at 1.33 ohms. That's a great ohm load to overpower your subs with. Some of the lower impedance builds, where people do the equivalent of a .5 ohm load on a 1 ohm rated amp, they work, but you can also get weird peaks while playing music, because of the box impedance shifting or increasing/decreasing factor. When you're at .5, there's not very much room for impedance changes, as far as your amp liking it. I've experimented with this personally. There's a stability factor 100%, when it comes to woofers and long throw, and the hell that can be on your amp, especially at a low ohm load. You can shove so much electricity in the amp when the subs flap around a lot.

If you wanna run stable systems, you need an amp with a really good dampening factor. I think that's one of the only 2 reasons I could run my 2 9.1's at 1.4 ohms strapped:

1. I had a fairly overbuilt electrical
2. The 9.1 amps I had control the subwoofer really well, which can help control impedance spikes and dips, because the coil isn't "thrown" by the amp, it's controlled better.

If my box wasn't slightly oversized, the amps would've like it better, because the woofers wouldn't have moved as much when playing away from tuning frequency, which is part of what kills amps, or puts them into protect, if you get a voltage overload into the speaker wires that's produced by the sub.

I hope that makes sense.

When I'm designing for people, I like to know how the subs will be wired, how much power there is overall to the subs, and how much electrical support the amps have. I use that info to determine box size, because some people are really pushing the limits of what their equipment can do, and I can help their system work better. I can design the box to make the subs move a certain way, and I do that to try and ensure the sub won't overpower the amp. That helps a lot with overall frequency response and it helps take stress off the amp, when the box helps dampen or buffer the woofers movement, while still allowing it to produce massive bass.

I like doing the series 6th orders for that very reason, I can completely control the environment on both sides of the cone, which means I can trap the woofer in a frequency trap, so it never acts like I don't want it to. Doing that type of setup or overall system, that helps everything run wayyyy more smoothly, when it comes to very loud music response with a high bandwidth. The design of the box has a lot more affect on the typical amplifier problems that people have, probably significantly more than many people realize.

Poorly designed boxes can be hell on your amps.

You could probably get a Wolfram amp before an Fi sub. Just sayin. And, I never said that either one was going out of business.
SO you're saying Wolfram has settled up with the repair shops and dealers they owe money/product to?
Again, if you really believe in them, go ahead and send them some money for a pre-order and let us know how that pans out, otherwise stop shilling for shady fly by night companies that don't even have the capital or credit to buy their own cookie cutter products from the Far East.

SO you're saying Wolfram has settled up with the repair shops and dealers they owe money/product to?
Again, if you really believe in them, go ahead and send them some money for a pre-order and let us know how that pans out, otherwise stop shilling for shady fly by night companies that don't even have the capital or credit to buy their own cookie cutter products from the Far East.

I simply stated that you could get a Wolfram amp before you could get an Fi sub. Fi isn't even taking orders.

Every subwoofer company got hit hard this year with everyone getting stimulus money. A lot of people bought upgrades or bought to just have them for in the future. Fi is no different, I knew around 5-6 weeks ago from the last email I got that they were going to no longer taking orders till around July iirc as they had hoped to be caught up by then. Plus with one guy coming down with covid, having to clean the shop top to bottom a couple times along with contact tracing, that didn't help matters. Plus they have had their stuff on sale marked down the last few months as well which helped drive the sales and backup of orders. Either way I give it till end of July or sometime in August and they will be back up and taking orders again. People are getting shipments daily from them as I know of 3 people that ordered after I did and have recently received their orders.

Does Fi’s build house still look like that? Did you go by there the next day to take a follow up pic?

This is from today at noon local time. Fi is suite #1 downstairs.

20210520_122328.jpg
20210520_122347.jpg
20210520_122405.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...