Best 6.5" woofer for low frequency in car doors.

LouisPM

CarAudio.com Newbie
What's the best 6.5 woofer/subwoofer to install in your vehicle door for bass and mid bass? I understand a 6.5" woofer is not ideal for low frequency reproduction. But if you have a pick up truck with no space for a sub box, what's the best speaker model to install in the rear doors to handle 500hz and below.?

My truck has focal components up front and will have an amp. For sake of SQ imaging I don't want mid and upper range Hz from the rear speakers. I want to use the 6.5" location just for bass. Again two 6.5"s in a non sealed, non reinforced piece of sheet metal isn't ideal, but it's all I have. Are there any 6.5" woofers or 6.5" sub woofers you'll would recommend? I'm sure this is a sitiation a lot of people run into.

Thanks in advance.

Stereo Integrity makes a great 6.5 but you’ll have to get used. The main thing in doors is sound deadening and sealing the doors. Without that, you won’t have the bass you’re after.

What's the best 6.5 woofer/subwoofer to install in your vehicle door for bass and mid bass? I understand a 6.5" woofer is not ideal for low frequency reproduction. But if you have a pick up truck with no space for a sub box, what's the best speaker model to install in the rear doors to handle 500hz and below.?

My truck has focal components up front and will have an amp. For sake of SQ imaging I don't want mid and upper range Hz from the rear speakers. I want to use the 6.5" location just for bass. Again two 6.5"s in a non sealed, non reinforced piece of sheet metal isn't ideal, but it's all I have. Are there any 6.5" woofers or 6.5" sub woofers you'll would recommend? I'm sure this is a sitiation a lot of people run into.

Thanks in advance.

Although without knowing how much depth you have to work with, this is the closest I could get. You're going to need to really deaden the door.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
first off two subwoofers in the rear doors will be facing each other which already causes some major cancellation issues if you intend on playing lower frequencies. Also infinite baffle needs cone area to have any hope of being loud as your door speakers, cancellation and being 6.5s will not help you there at all. However you can just settle for dedicated midbasses which the anarchys are good for.
I'd rather do one proper 6.5 sub in a ported box rather than two 6.5 in a horribly aligned infinite baffle setup.

I'd vouch for the Anarchy being really solid if you can fit them. I've used several of these Adire knockoffs since they started coming out under different brand names and still have the original 8 ohm Anarchys in my doors that I got when that brand first started selling them.

I'd vouch for the Anarchy being really solid if you can fit them. I've used several of these Adire knockoffs since they started coming out under different brand names and still have the original 8 ohm Anarchys in my doors that I got when that brand first started selling them.
Who makes the Anarchy?

Who makes the Anarchy?
No idea, I think some Wiggins fan-boys who picked up the torch with production after the couple other companies stopped having them built. Looks like they're doing a couple other DIY bookshelf speaker kits now too. I'm sure they've all been coming from the same factory in China, probably JLD.

Jeeeeez. Ik you've been doing this for a decade, but it still surprises me that you're quick as hell on the draw for these types of requests.
rickybobby-2.jpg

Although without knowing how much depth you have to work with, this is the closest I could get. You're going to need to really deaden the door.

The teuckbwil

At first I wasn't sure which truck I was gonna get. I was looking at various F150s. But tomorrow Im going to pick up a 2009 Hummer H3T alpha. This truck like all pick ups have limited cabin space. I need the rear area for two car seats. I'm still playing around with the idea of getting one sub box that I can easily unplug and store in the truck bed.
But whether I do this of not, I still will often only have use of the stock speaker locations. I will sound deaded both doors and probably the top and bottom as well. I'll probably put some dynamat down with some kind of cell foam on top.
I can probably reinforce the doors if needed but I don't think I should completely seal the door off. most doors have a water drain hole at the bottom I don't want to block. I don't know if just sealing the speaker location is possible. Depends if there's any window parts behind it and I don't know if I want to go through all that trouble.
So i'll just have to use what I have. So if there's a potential problem with the sound waves cancelling each other out. Will it help if I put a tilt on each woofer mount?

Also because this is such a rare vehicle (There were only 400ish H3T Alpha made) I don't think I should do a lot of alterations. Such as cutting up the sheet metal or door panels. I'll do minor changes, but for sake of "car guy ethics" excessive alterations to rare vehicles should be limited...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.