Best 12 or 15 in $150ish range

Not onl

Not only have I touched them, but I've ran two Dayton 10's in a 2004 Explorer behind the third seat. I heard them on real life music in a car, not a 5.1 (or bigger) surround system in a house. Just like I'm not going to recommend my Infinity surround speakers in my home system or my definitive sub for a car audio system. It is what it is. If you want to recommend Dayton because Jurassic Park sounded good at your buddies house, then, so be it. No worries.
Where did I say I heard the Dayton’s in a HT setup?

Where did I say I heard the Dayton’s in a HT setup?

O.k., you said that you heard them in person. I figured that you were talking about home theater setups like the other guys. You never mentioned which vehicle, sub (s), or amp. So, I assumed that you were talking about a home audio setup. That's my bad. I apologize for that. I'm waiting for people to start suggesting Definitive and B&O subs.

Last edited:
I don't even know what the best case scenario is, since I doubt they would rewind a voice coil if it's bad.
Yeah, that's not how replacing a coil works. Everything is glued solid and it's impossible to cleanly separate surround from the frame so the whole soft parts assembly needs to be scrapped and replaced. If you made a coil go slinky it's not manufacturer error (though American made coils hold up better than Chinese as an established fact). The companies who rate speakers honestly will not honor warranty for burnt voice coil, who knows about companies who exaggerate, and I haven't seen enough about Alphard to know where they land there.
I'm still waiting to see all these Dayton setups that everybody is suggesting.
Go to a SQ meetup and you'll see plenty. It is very popular among the DIYMA crowd, go to a local event organized there and you'll see the correct application for their gear and get to hear it in person.

I'd look on CAB and Directronix for a refurbed SA if I was you'se but there are several great options

Last edited:
Well it's been a couple days been busy. Ended up going with 2 Sundown Sa-8s in a 6th order I believe tuned to 34hz. Could not pass up this deal. Got the Subs and 6th order for 225.00 and box well built braced and double plated all around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.