Best 12 or 15 in $150ish range

The Elite is a better sub the XD. And tbh if I could afford DD subwoofers I would have gone them over the American Bass TNT-1044s I just bought. Also that ribbed design is getting more and more popular for a reason.
I think the only reason anyone picks the tnt’s over dd’s is the budget issue. All that aside, are you unhappy with your pair of 1044’s, what power did you end up putting on them, and what are your enclosure specs?

The Elite is a better sub the XD. And tbh if I could afford DD subwoofers I would have gone them over the American Bass TNT-1044s I just bought. Also that ribbed design is getting more and more popular for a reason.

And, the XD is cheaper than the Elite. The OP should spend the extra $30-$40 and get the XFL IMO.

I was looking at the EMF lowballer and was interested until I seen it was like 25.00 in shipping smh. Unless there i missed somthing but it said stand shopping was like 25.
just letting you know, you wont be seeing prices like you are normally used to anytime soon. Inflation hit the car audio market hard since the last time you were around.

AB lineup seems nearly identical to SoundQubed. All this stuff comes from the same factory and the only difference between most of it is the name on the dustcap and other cosmetic stuff.

Do you suppose other companies have guys who come in to pick and pack orders for free and UPS/FedEx doesn't charge them to deliver their packages? """"Free"""" shipping just means 25$ or whatever baked into the price. You're not getting something for nothing.
looks identical but they sound totally different. Soundqubed doesnt play as low and is a bit more peaky vs the AB counterparts but gets louder than AB.

I literally came here only to comment I knew bobbytwonames would recommend AB lol. DD is far superior in every way though

Is there something wrong with recommending AB? I like the Alpine Type R also, but it was out of his price range. I've never ran SSA or Soundcubed, so I can't really recommend them. And, the Daytons, which I have ran, are also out of his price range. So, why you busting my balls?

I agree it looks dumb. I can't imagine how it's actually functional. Type R ribbing that runs the circumference of the surround makes sense, though.

I'm anti- american bass because I think it's false advertising to have "American" in the name when the products are made overseas.

just letting you know, you wont be seeing prices like you are normally used to anytime soon. Inflation hit the car audio market hard since the last time you were around.

Gotcha I was looking at skar some(I know I know people hate skar but I've never had issues with what I have owned). They seem to have some pretty good deals and the ddx is solid for it price IMO. Some popped up local that has a pair of Punch Hx2s and I'm curious about those now. I pretty sure it's not the big hx2 though

I think the only reason anyone picks the tnt’s over dd’s is the budget issue. All that aside, are you unhappy with your pair of 1044’s, what power did you end up putting on them, and what are your enclosure specs?

I haven't even powered them up yet and yes it was a budget issue for me. I am finishing up the box later on today finally hopefully by putting the carpet on it, then installing the subwoofers tomorrow or tuesday when I feel like getting around to it. I had a few days here and there with rain not too mention in my situation I can't do a lot so I have been taking my time over the last month with it. It is mainly done now other then carpet. It is 2.5 cubic feet at 37hz for the music I listen to. And as far as power I ordered the CAB-22 but it comes at the end of next month. For now I will just break them in on the PPI 1000.1 and go from there. I have other stuff to do as well like installing silverflutes & the alpine tweeters once they come in sometimes end of October. If I get to it that is all depends on the weather around here.

Last edited:
Why they only rated 500 EMS with a 3" coil

Could be many reasons:

Marketing

Lower rating for fewer warranty claims

The coil is cheap and can't handle the typical 800-1k that a 3in coil usually does.

There are a lot of people running Resilient Sounds at shows around Ohio, Michigan and Indiana over the last few years. I have yet to hear anything bad about them and have seen a lot of builds with multiples of the entry level series. Their entry level line is an alternative to the Sundown E series in terms of overall value- versatility, performance and build (overbuilt) quality.

Are you opposed to something like 4 10s or 12s of some <$50 subs?

I have some in mind that would do pretty decent.

By decent I mean the 143+ out of the trunk I managed with only 2 of these 10s on a Orion 1500 at 2 ohms and that was just dropping it in with almost zero testing (55deg ambient air might have helped, not sure how much air temp affects spl)

20190428_182857.jpg

You could do 4 12s for about $160 🤣

I'm pretty sure that caliber has enough space for them.

Last edited:
And, the XD is cheaper than the Elite. The OP should spend the extra $30-$40 and get the XFL IMO.
Are you opposed to something like 4 10s or 12s of some <$50 subs?

I have some in mind that would do pretty decent.

By decent I mean the 143+ out of the trunk I managed with only 2 of these 10s on a Orion 1500 at 2 ohms and that was just dropping it in with almost zero testing (55deg ambient air might have helped, not sure how much air temp affects spl)

View attachment 23549

You could do 4 12s for about $160 🤣

I'm pretty sure that caliber has enough space for them.
What subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.