Best 12" choices for daily pounding?

How do these subs sound? From what I can tell the Psi, Fi, Sundown, Skar, etc. all seem to be made for SPL. Are they musical as well? I don’t know if a place to get a listen. I have checked out the websites and I would be getting the cheapest 12” any of them make pretty much, and they even look like they would be overkill for what I want. Normally a JL W3 would be at the high end of what I would use and if the W0 was dual 4 or 2 ohm it would be pretty much perfect. I am curious about these newer brands.
Couldn't be further from the truth my man.

What size enclosure you using and how much power? Been eyeing those Brahma’s myself

2.25 cuft 30hz.....couldnt tell ya actual power (2000 rms amp I like headroom) but if i had to guess prolly around 800-1000, suspension is fairly loose dont take much to get it moving, very efficient ported.... i would say its mechanical limit is around an actual 1200 clean

Last edited:
I'd say it depends on the music you like to listen to. My FI SSD & Q sounds amazing with rap/hip hop and house (edm). Rock kinda falls behind due to them not really liking high freqs. My old Alpine Type-R loved everything but was nowhere near as loud as the FI's. If you're willing to spend some $, I would point you in the new Alpine Type-X direction for SQ. They have been said so far to be better than W7's for half the price.
you definitely want an XBL^2 woofer if you want loud with SQ. The motor structure strikes the best balance between loud, good bandwidth(loooooooooooooooow lows and highs) and accuracy without being overly enclosure picky meaning you dont need to build a billion boxes just to get it right, its a beast on its own even in a mediocre box (not talking about prefab tho)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.