Becker "hierarchy"

Participant count
  • Participant list

alenf

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi All, my first post here, I'm absolutely a newcomer in car audio.

I must change my car player; I have decided for a Becker, for several reasons: the look of the one shown in picture fits perfectly in a car with many “ovals” (MG F).
I noticed several models with the same look and different names: Mexico, Indianapolis (with navigator), Grand Prix, maybe others.
Here comes the question: given this same look, which one has the better sound? I’m not interested in the GPS - we all use phones nowadays!

Thank You, and Cheers

Alessandro

Alessandro
Mexico Pro.jpg

Maybe just because I like the way it looks, and I don't give a damn if it's branded Becker or Pioneer or Boeing or McDonald's. Didn't this occour to your mind reading what I wrote (I supposed clearly enough, but I'm doubting now)?

LOL we (europeans...) have a term to describe cheap cars with tuning (non just audio - I'm sure you have lowered suspensions etc.): taroted (from "tarot"), meaning smtgh fake). They're popular in some country areas, where kids can't afford a proper car. Thank you for your lesson, but looks don't lie ;-) :

2016-JMS-Ford-Focus-ST3-910-1.jpg
mg-occasion-12366-1.jpg

Like Popwarhomie said, this is 99% USA forum. Becker is not sold here, and neither is MG. We have no idea about the equipment that you asking about, or the car that it is going in.

Like Popwarhomie said, this is 99% USA forum. Becker is not sold here, and neither is MG. We have no idea about the equipment that you asking about, or the car that it is going in.

Becker arrived in the US as standard factory equipment on Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Rolls-Royce.
Some years ago they stopped selling car audio, yet they still have GPS etc.
https://www.beckerautosound.com/

Just as a curiosity, Becker radios were always considered top-notch for sound quality.

Thank You for saying things politely, anyway.

I don't think anything I said was un-polite. I'm just blunt and don't beat around the bush. My question as to why euros always try to replace stock headunits with other stock headunits was legit. We have alot of people from "across the pond" that ask about wiring stock radios into cars they didn't come in. I just don't understand as most stock headunits are garbage and aftermarkets are cheap with better options and tuning capabilities.

OK, so let's try to be less blunt, with the help of some history...
Many many years ago my late Father bought a new car: a Mercedes 560SEC. He was disappointed by a minor detail, though: "What a lousy radio for such a car...". Please note that, at the time, his work was international transports, he dealt mainly with electronics, and customers were Sony, Mitsubishi, etc.
So, he wasn't and Hi-Fi nut, but definitely had a few ideas...
The fashionable brands at the time were Pioneer, Clarion, Alpine, Fujitsu etc.; I'm sure all these brands sound familiar.

SO, he made a few questions around - to real nuts - to choose something to replace the lousy headunit, which was simply marked: "Becker Mexico"... And quickly discovered that it was really considered TOP stuff for suond quality. No need to change at all :)

I can't say if Becker was ever sold as such in the US, or reached that side just as stock units aboard the cars I listed above (and the names in that list should make you think, especially since you own a European car).

What I can tell you is that yes, it was stock stuff for a few top brands; but was available as aftermarket as well, for those who could afford it (they were outrageously expensive).

Hope this makes it clear. Just as a curiosity, the stock headunit for MGs is this one - but I don't have it! -:

MGradio.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.