bd1000 or 500.2

Participant count
  • Participants list

gary

I RECENTLY PURCHASED TWO ECLIPSE 10' SUBS RATED AT 500 WATTS A PIECE,I HAVE THE OPTION OF PURCHASING A ROCKFORD FOSGATE BD 1000 OR THE 500.2.I WANT TO APPLY MAXIMIUM POWER TO EACH SUB.I WAS TOLD BY ONE INSTALLER THAT IF I BRIDGED THE 500.2 DOWN TO 2 OHMS I WOULD RECEIVE 500 WATTS TO EACH SUB.ANOTHER INSTALLER SAID I WOULD NOT RECEIVE THE AMOUNT OF POWER I'M LOOKING FOR AND THAT I NEED THE MORE EXPENSIVE BD 1000.IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT JENKINS144@AOL.COM OR SOFIAHYDE@AOL.COM THANKS IN ADVANCE G.J. :

I would also lean towards the bd1000.1. The 500.2 could push them quite well and deliver the power they need, however as of lately I seriously question the abillities of Rockfords Non-Power sereis Punch Amps at anything close to 2 ohms.

besides, with the bd1000.1, you will give yourself a little headroom for flexibility in the future.

Take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.