bazooka ba 1500 problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

tim45255

Hello, So I was told that this amp was a 1500 watt but its 750 watts max. Its also a mono block but it also get really hot and I have 2 12's on it. One of the subs is 4 ohm and the other sub is 2 ohm. when i turn up the volume and the bass gets real deep the amp will go into protected mode and then i will have to shut off the radio and turn it back on to turn the amp off and back on. I dot have the money to replace the amp so if someone can help me out and point me into fixing the issue.

Umm you are doing it wrong sir. Please do some reading and you will realize that you can not run two different subs (especially two different coils). This is why you are having problems. If your amp isn't toast by now, pick ONE of your two subs and build a proper box and use that. Or spend some cash, dump all off your current equipment and have a decent, proper system. I would choose the 2ohm sub (given it is a single voice coil and your amp is stable at 2 ohms) because you will get more output from your amp.

Please describe what size wires you have, battery and alt size.

Did you read the whole post or just the last part? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I have read the whole post What i will do is connect a second amp fr the 4 ohm i have a 500 watt amp that would run it i have a output on my other amp for rca's also would i have to run another power wire from the battery or just get another power cable and hook it to the end of the power cable i already have ??

I don't think you are quite grasping the point. It is not the best route to use 2 different subs in the same setup. There are various reasons why that I will let someone explain (or you can search the subject).

Now if you plan to go forth with this as planned, you will need to run a bigger power wire. I'd say 4ga depending on what the actual output of that second amp is. Use a distribution block in the trunk to split to each amp. Make sure your ground point is sanded to bare metal and that wire is the same size as the power wire. Also be sure to fuse your wires properly.

Alright I know its not the best idea for best performance but both my subs are only 3 months old i got the 4 ohm from a trade and its a coustic. The wireing kit is rated for 1200 watts and I added it up and it comes out to 1150 watts but i will not have them turned all the way up

What are the amps in question? You can't go by their 'max' rating. That is just marketing garbage. You want to know actual RMS output at your given impedance. I HIGHLY doubt you are near 1200w.

You also don't 'turn them up'. The gain is not volume, hence the word 'gain' and not 'volume'. Where your gain ends up is dependent on various factors like RCA voltage and load. If you 'turn them up' all the way you are likely damaging your subs and/or your amp. Like I said, please do some reading if you want to be able to use what you have without burning it up. It's not desirable, but it is possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.