Bass is overpowering all other frequencies

Participant count
  • Participant list

omo1

CarAudio.com Newbie
Yo
I just bought a 2016 Toyota Vitz, and the system sounds considerably worse than my previous 1998 Toyota car, due to the bass being way too pronounced. It's pretty weird, as both cars used stock speakers, except one is 18 years newer. Why is the bass SO loud? From what I've been reading, most cars don't come with a stock subwoofer.

What can I do to solve this? The stereo doesn't even have EQ so I can't just EQ the bass out. Most solutions to bad car audio say "get a subwoofer", but what if the problem IS too much bass? Is there a subwoofer I'm not seeing that can be adjusted by a car electrician? Do I have to change my stereo with something else that has EQ? Do I have to change the speakers?

Surprising that a 2016 vehicle doesn't have an equalizer built into the stereo. Does it have treble and bass adjustments, or a fader function? Have you tried to review the manual?
If you don't have any of the above, I recommend purchasing a new stereo.

I just bought a 2016 Toyota Vitz, and the system sounds considerably worse than my previous 1998 Toyota car, due to the bass being way too pronounced. It's pretty weird, as both cars used stock speakers, except one is 18 years newer. Why is the bass SO loud? From what I've been reading, most cars don't come with a stock subwoofer.

What can I do to solve this? The stereo doesn't even have EQ so I can't just EQ the bass out. Most solutions to bad car audio say "get a subwoofer", but what if the problem IS too much bass? Is there a subwoofer I'm not seeing that can be adjusted by a car electrician? Do I have to change my stereo with something else that has EQ? Do I have to change the speakers?
there's 100% an EQ setting you need to navigate closely.
If anything you can download an EQ app on your phone and drag down the 50hz section.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.