Basic budget - Incriminator - Ampere - JL - Crescendo - SD Audio -

Nice pricing, thanks for the link!

Do you have an opinion on CT sounds? The CT meso 6.5's keep popping up in my amazon search.
I havent tried any speakers as of yet. I have a set of 6.5 mids that I havent powered up, an EQ,. I have the CTSounds 150.4 4ch. that I powered up and ran some 6.6 polk DBs on a test bench and it was nice, I have 2 CT Sounds 2000.1D sub amps that are working great, and the older version Audio Technix pair of 12s. To get those Meso series to sound decent and perform, you will need to amplify those.

I was buying from their online store back in the day and had good luck.

I found a jbl 6ch with dsp refurb. I might grab that or a kicker key I found. The kicker is nice since the dsp is auto set up but with the jbl I can run the center speaker on my dash then use the passive crossovers for the front doors/pillar set or actively run all the doors plus the pillars.

So it's a JBL DSP4086
Or
Kicker Key200.4 with dsp.

Pricing between the two is about $20.

Last edited:
If it would help your stage you could keep it, but honestly I think it would be overwhelmed.
I suppose one option I can consider is the wifes car takes a pair of 3.5 in her suv. I can outfit my f150 w/ the JBL and new center driver first and IF it conflicts I can transfer both to hers. I'm not out anything and her yota gets an upgrade.

I'm trying to confirm it as I have time but I suppose the next question is with price being nearly identical, I'm wondering if the JBL w/ the 8 ch output is a better option vs the kickerkey. Another thing for me to ponder :unsure:

I suppose one option I can consider is the wifes car takes a pair of 3.5 in her suv. I can outfit my f150 w/ the JBL and new center driver first and IF it conflicts I can transfer both to hers. I'm not out anything and her yota gets an upgrade.

I'm trying to confirm it as I have time but I suppose the next question is with price being nearly identical, I'm wondering if the JBL w/ the 8 ch output is a better option vs the kickerkey. Another thing for me to ponder :unsure:
I know nothing about either..Id say do some research and choose the one that best fits your needs of course

I figure I might start another thread just asking for opinions on those two here and one or two other places.
User reviews for the kicker is really good it seems to be idiot-proof Plug and Play.
From what I'm finding on the JBL people to love it or hate it. The complaints seem to stem around difficulty getting the DSP setup. I watched a few videos and it looks like it should be relatively simple.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...