Bank 6s Lto parallel w/ Titan8 Lto helpful or hurtful if not needed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sjholland

CarAudio.com Newbie
I was considering adding a 6s bank of yinlong cells in parallel with my ultracap and titan8 battery.
I'm wondering would it be better to not add the LTO cells?
My voltage has never went below 13 volts that I'm aware of with Titan8 battery. I'm just not sure if it would be better for the Titan8 or not to have the 6s yinlong bank connected? Anyone have any advice please? Anyone been in the same situation? Both Titan8 and yinlong 6s are LTO by the way. I notice that they should both sit around the same voltage if I add them; with the yinlong being a little under fully charged, and Titan 8(12v_veraion) sitting like it does now around 14v, give or take.
I figured the extra capacity would be nice for my audio system, when playing music at a louder level. My alternator is rated to put out 160amps, and the amp is rated to go in a 200 amp system, which so far I haven't had any issues that I can tell but would like to make the best decision. So far as I can tell, when I monitor the Titan8, my voltage never goes below 13 volts when playing music louder, but I'm sure it definitely puts a slight strain on everything. So that is why I decided to ask to see that y'all think. By the way, my car is a little on the small side with stock alternator being 80, and the one I'm using being 160.
The main thing, I hate to mess up the Titan8 battery, so if adding the cells in parallel would hurt the battery, then I would choose not to add the cells, but am I correct that when I turn my car off if they're both resting at the same voltage, it should be fine and beneficial? Edit- I double checked voltage and while my battery does not drop below 13, my ultracap will drop, even to eleven although it comes right back up. I wonder if adding the 6s cells would help the cap, and also could I have everything going to the terminals on the ultracap; the main battery wire, the amp wire and the cells wire? Just thought I'd ask I'm case someone has "been there, done that" Thank you sincerely!

Last edited:
Even if your banks all rest and charge at the same voltage those cells will not have equal internal resistance and will all be trying to charge and discharge at different rates. Personally I would not mix and match different types of batteries unless I was prepared to possibly dramatically shorten their life expectancy.

I would not add 6s yinglong to 5s titan8/scibs.

Personally I wouldn't do 5s lto at all yinglong or titan8/scibs. Since 5s maxes at 14v and anything above will shorten the life span. Xspower lies to sell 5s to the typical user that doesn't want to upgrade the alt. 6s yinglong is at like 92% charged at 14.8v and almost 100% at 15v which is why they are so popular. Shenquan 6ah cells are higher discharge but should be charged to 15.2v to be equivalent state of charge, the titan8/scibs in 6s need to be charged to 15.5 to be equivalent state of charge.

6s 40ah yinglong cells are pretty much perfect for most users since they are useable at 14.8v and that makes them safe for amps like the sundown salt which don't like high voltage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...