Bandpass Fits

Participant count
  • Participants list

Miller
10+ year member

$
I have 2 10" Alpine Type-R subs in a sealed box and want to get a bandpass to add more hit to my subs......I like the audiobahn Bandpass but am wondering....does it matter that my subs are alpine and im buying an audiobahn box...will it still sound good???

Originally posted by Miller I have 2 10" Alpine Type-R subs in a sealed box and want to get a bandpass to add more hit to my subs......I like the audiobahn Bandpass but am wondering....does it matter that my subs are alpine and im buying an audiobahn box...will it still sound good???
What size sealed box do you have them in right now? I suggest you go with a ported box, and not a bandpass box. Bandpass boxes need to be built specifically for the woofer you are going to be using. Well, all boxes do, but especially bandpass...they arent to forgiving if you are off with your measurements. You best bet would be to throw those subs in a nice ported enclosure. Check your spec sheet to see what that recommended volume is for ported boxes.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.