bad alt. or electrical system

NaztyNate
10+ year member

Wyoming
I don't know if many people will be able to help me but I'm sure there are a few people out there who may be able to help so anything is aprreciated.

Last summer I bought a new to me car a 95 Ford Probe and upgraded its system. I have a 800 watt Profile amp running my 2 subs. When winter rolled around I couldnt turn on my lights, heater and stereo barily on without the alternator starting to squeell and doing so until my battery seemed to be "charged" again. Now I can't have my lights on and stop (brake lights) and my stereo turned half way to where I like it and it starts squeelling. By now most of you are thinking the belt is loose, well the belt is fine and I had Napa test the alternator and battery and they said it seemed fine. I have a cheap (power is power) 2 farad capacitor but it seems to do nothing. So my question is has anyone dealt with something like this and what did you do to fix it. Anything is appreciated and it might be something obvious that i'm missing.

OK, so when you say the belt is fine, does that mean its tight? or the belt is in good shape? could the belt be overtightened?

Maybe it just needs an alt, bearings are trash or whatnot causing the squeel under load.

Caps are junk imo (99% of hte time)

The belt seems tight but I didn't think it could be too tight. If it is too tight could that cause it to squeel too? Well I have been told by a few people that the bearing could be going out too so it might just be that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.