Aux port ringing fix

Participant count
  • Participant list

Audiophile344

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, so excuse me if this has been asked or if I'm posting in the wrong place. I've tried looking up this issue a few times but I haven't been able to find anything that mentions or discusses it.

Whenever I plug a cord into my aux jack, my radio makes a weird ringing sound, like what you hear when you have tinnitus. At first it was tolerable, but recently it's gotten louder, so much so that you can hear it over whatever is being played. It's the worst sound in the world. Nothing has to be connected to the other side, it's just when my radio switches to the aux input from plugging in a cord. At first I assumed there was something wrong with my cords, but then I figured out that I could sometimes get it quieter or even stop it by power cycling the radio. However, this no longer works. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.