AutoSound, Denton TX

netherland24
5,000+ posts

camry
dallas
Auto sound is a good shop being that there are 1 of 3 in our college town, there prices are high but they are freindly people. They try there best to hook you up too with wiring and little things overall they are good. If your cheap dont go here.

I called around to a few places here in Denton, to get an estimate to install an Alpine cd player into my 2005 Chev. Silverado crew cab. I went up to the shop and asked the guy who was in charge if he could look at my setup and give me an estimate. He acted like he was wasting his time with me when there was nobody else in the shop. He kept telling me all this extra **** that I would need (that I already had), and it would turn out to be $200 JUST for the install. I laughed in his face and said the cd player isnt even worth that much. He was dead serious and I jetted. Went to Audio Plus Accessories and they did a great job for $70.

any of you guys remember autosound in dallas. the one located on preston and beltline. the manager there was joe. does anyone know where he went to now. he always been real cool with me. always hook me up. i move out of town so i lost track of him when they shut down. would like for him to do some work for me again.

I called around to a few places here in Denton, to get an estimate to install an Alpine cd player into my 2005 Chev. Silverado crew cab. I went up to the shop and asked the guy who was in charge if he could look at my setup and give me an estimate. He acted like he was wasting his time with me when there was nobody else in the shop. He kept telling me all this extra **** that I would need (that I already had), and it would turn out to be $200 JUST for the install. I laughed in his face and said the cd player isnt even worth that much. He was dead serious and I jetted. Went to Audio Plus Accessories and they did a great job for $70.
That's because autosound quoted it with an OS3-BOSE or OS3 data interface harness, and the other shop used a 70-2003 or the like, and ran their own ignition. The OS3 is technicall the right way to do it, if you want to retain OnStar, door chimes, turn signal click, and low fuel light chime. Running a new ignition gets the radio working on the cheap, but you lose those features.

**** it Rambo. He works for AutoSound, BTW. He's just tooting his own fat, ugly horn.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

That's because autosound quoted it with an OS3-BOSE or OS3 data interface harness, and the other shop used a 70-2003 or the like, and ran their own ignition. The OS3 is technicall the right way to do it, if you want to retain OnStar, door chimes, turn signal click, and low fuel light chime. Running a new ignition gets the radio working on the cheap, but you lose those features.
**** it Rambo. He works for AutoSound, BTW. He's just tooting his own fat, ugly horn.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
WOW really? really? come on now do we need to discuss you being a "Ginger kid"

wow don't be upset that I make more then you do! also i dont work at AUTOSOUND in DENTON its our sister store....

I work at the Autosound in Lewisville... Just an FYI!

im in cali lmao but im sellin some stuff to a friend in tx that had her last system destroyed by best buy and im lookin for a decent shop to do an install of sub/amp for her

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

netherland24

5,000+ posts
camry
netherland24
dallas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies