Auto Start Stop cutting off amp for a second

Participant count
  • Participant list

varunkumars

I have a Helix V Eight DSP/Amp for the speakers and JL HD 750 for the sub. 4 AWG Power wire from the battery with 100 AMP fuse connects to a splitter which powers both Helix and JL amps. Remote wire from HU is cut also to split and send signal to Helix and JL. Both amps have their own separate ground. Issue I have is during Auto start stop when the car is trying to come back on from an engine stop JL amp turns off for a second and comes back again. Helix doesn't do that. Essentially my sub is off for a couple of seconds while my speakers are still playing. PLease help me fix this. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, its not. I did a test in my 2006 Mazda 6 and turned it off at stop lights and got 3mpg more. That makes a huge difference when gas is $4/gal.
By turning the car off like that you are causing more wear and tear. Stop start exists solely to boost fuel economy #s across the corporate fleet. In day to day driving its 100% useless and frustrating to deal with. 

Actually, its not. I did a test in my 2006 Mazda 6 and turned it off at stop lights and got 3mpg more. That makes a huge difference when gas is $4/gal.
"Acshualllyyy" 

Did you research the wear and tear that has on the car? I'd be willing to bet on a 2006 it's enough to equal out the savings. Newer cars likely have technology designed for it. 

"Acshualllyyy" 

Did you research the wear and tear that has on the car? I'd be willing to bet on a 2006 it's enough to equal out the savings. Newer cars likely have technology designed for it. 

By turning the car off like that you are causing more wear and tear. Stop start exists solely to boost fuel economy #s across the corporate fleet. In day to day driving its 100% useless and frustrating to deal with. 
Its not as bad as you think. How many engines have you built or torn down to diagnose? Im not saying its not a PITA, but it DOES do what its supposed to do. On my car, i do know for a fact that with 122k on it, the bottom end still had the crosshatch marks from the factory. There is no 'new' tech that makes a motor less susceptible to starting/stopping metal wise, maybe on the oil end.

Sorry it is a 2018 VW Golf R and yes I like to keep the feature.
Im not finding the exact thing im looking for, BUT, reading back again it sounds like maybe the issue might be the remote turn on isnt powerful enough to keep both amps on, OR, the sub amp has a power on delay that kicks in with the slightest interruption of current. Might want to do some testing to see exactly whats going on first, you may skate by with using a relay to jumper the remote from a stronger power source.
If that isnt the case, does your factory system have an actual power off? My 2017 Mazda 3 GT audio stays on ALL the time and can only be muted, so i wont need to have a dedicated remote turn on when i do my install. Maybe you could just use a relay and make the amps stay on when ACC is on.

Im not finding the exact thing im looking for, BUT, reading back again it sounds like maybe the issue might be the remote turn on isnt powerful enough to keep both amps on, OR, the sub amp has a power on delay that kicks in with the slightest interruption of current. Might want to do some testing to see exactly whats going on first, you may skate by with using a relay to jumper the remote from a stronger power source.
If that isnt the case, does your factory system have an actual power off? My 2017 Mazda 3 GT audio stays on ALL the time and can only be muted, so i wont need to have a dedicated remote turn on when i do my install. Maybe you could just use a relay and make the amps stay on when ACC is on.
Sorry I am new car amplifier installations. Just learning now. My golf also does not have a power off and stays on unless the car is turned off. May be I need a stronger power source to keep it on. I will do some more research and let you know if I can fix it.mThanks.

Sorry I am new car amplifier installations. Just learning now. My golf also does not have a power off and stays on unless the car is turned off. May be I need a stronger power source to keep it on. I will do some more research and let you know if I can fix it.mThanks.
Then just hook your remote wire to an accessory wire to stay on at the same time.

There a REM out on Helix actually which I just realized. I just connected REM out from Helix to JL as I am using Helix's line out to my JL sub anyway. Still that didn't work. What are the chances 100 Amp fuse is not enough to power both Helix and JL? Can't think of anything else.

Its not a power issue, its a remote wire/delayed turn on issue. Like i said, switch your REM wire to a switched accessory wire and itll be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.