COMPLETED Aura 1808 / Aurasound NRT18-8

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

drewp29

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am looking for either an Aura 1808 or Aurasound NRT18-8. Not working or motor only is preferable as I plan on getting it rebuilt to my own specs anyway. I know a few of you have had these over the years, and I am hoping someone held on to at least one and wants to get rid of it at this point.

If you have more than one, depending on your asking price, I may be willing to purchase more. Motor only is obviously easier to ship, but motor + basket is welcome too. If they need a recone anyway, you can ship the motor inside the basket and keep the box size reasonable (for an 18).

I have one in need of a recone, and would ultimately like a pair. However, in the interest of being a basshead, why stop at 2?

This is for Home Theater usage, so I'm not really concerned that they need huge boxes - I currently have (2) 20 cubic foot boxes in the living room, haha.

I would need it shipped to area code 81007, unless you are in Colorado, then we could work out how to get it transferred. Let me know what you have! Thanks!

I've got a pair. About a decade ago, one of the screens on the pole vent popped off, so I CA glued it back on.

I can get better pics with username tonight.

Wasn't really planning on selling them, but if the offer is good, I'll let them go.
Screenshot_20200603-145749.jpg
Screenshot_20200603-145742.jpg

Actually, thinking back about it, the reason why the screen popped off was because the guy I got it from removed the copper shim. If I remember correctly, TC Sounds put instructions in their replacement assembly that that shim needed to be removed for clearance and because it contributed little to over function.

Sorry, was midway through typing this and got called out to the shop for inspections.

Hey Omegakan, your for sale thread on the TC top assemblies is one I had looked at - from 2014. It seemed like they never sold, but it was an old ad. I am definitely interested! Do you know if the TC tops work with the copper sleeve installed? I get that they say they won't warranty assemblies where the sleeve has not been removed, but warranty really isn't possible, lol. I'd like to keep Le as low as I can, but I am unsure whether the TC voicecoil has a tighter gap clearance than stock, and if wouldn't be possible to use it without removal of the Faraday ring.

I'll run some sims using the TC T/S parameters and see if they look like they'll work with the TC tops. If they look good, I would also be interested in the top assemblies as well!

Sorry, was midway through typing this and got called out to the shop for inspections.

Hey Omegakan, your for sale thread on the TC top assemblies is one I had looked at - from 2014. It seemed like they never sold, but it was an old ad. I am definitely interested! Do you know if the TC tops work with the copper sleeve installed? I get that they say they won't warranty assemblies where the sleeve has not been removed, but warranty really isn't possible, lol. I'd like to keep Le as low as I can, but I am unsure whether the TC voicecoil has a tighter gap clearance than stock, and if wouldn't be possible to use it without removal of the Faraday ring.

I'll run some sims using the TC T/S parameters and see if they look like they'll work with the TC tops. If they look good, I would also be interested in the top assemblies as well!
I honestly do not know. I remember posting up the owners manual for TC Sounds reasoning when asked about it over on CACO.

I never ran any of these setups, and the top assemblys have long been sold. May be worth shooting TC Sounds an email and asking them about clearance.

Anyways, I'll get you an updated picture here shortly. Feel free to shoot me a pm as well.

Ah, so you just have the motors left? That's a-okay too!

By chance, you don't happen to have the faraday ring the other guy removed from the one motor?

Just throwing it out there, if anyone else has one they would like to sell, let me know! Thanks!

I have lots of Aura 4” NRT motors, I also have a large array of parts to build many configurations.. Thilo/TC only started building the behive knock off after I Contracted him to build a prototype 8”,10”,12”,15” woofers our company was marketing for car Audio Sales. I was licensed and purchased NRT motors Oem directly from Aura..
Let me know if you want/need something
My name is Dorne number is 1 (510) 694-9290

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

drewp29

CarAudio.com Newbie
drewp29
Start date
Participants