Audison SR 1.500 or Rockford Fosgate R2-1200X1

Participant count
  • Participants list
Looking to future proof my system by getting a new amp to drive my sub. These two are my choices right now, which one would you get and why?
I’ve had some rf amps. I’ve read all reviews possible. Ppl like that rf comes above rated output. The r1200.1 is the low end of rf. I’ve never heard of the other one you listed. But if choosing between those I’d go w the one I know puts out the power.

Out of those 2 the audison would be my pick

Better option than both the jp8 amp rated at 800w at 1 but really does like 1200w at 1. Willisonaudiolabs on YouTube has a Dyno video.

Or depending on budget the stereo integrity 1500d

Out of those 2 the audison would be my pick

Better option than both the jp8 amp rated at 800w at 1 but really does like 1200w at 1. Willisonaudiolabs on YouTube has a Dyno video.

Or depending on budget the stereo integrity 1500d
I didn't go with any of them, already got Alpine X-A90M and I like it.

I didn't go with any of them, already got Alpine X-A90M and I like it.

Alpine makes decent gear I've got a pdr-f500 running my front doors right now and don't feel hindered. I used to have it matched with 2 pdr-m650s on a pair of JL 13tw5.

Again I didn't feel hindered though I do believe I could've used more power overall.

Typically my systems stay around 2000w combined RMS anyway 125x4 on highs and 1500x1 for subs. Occasionally more sometimes less. But you can get pretty loud on 1500w of subs

Alpine makes decent gear I've got a pdr-f500 running my front doors right now and don't feel hindered. I used to have it matched with 2 pdr-m650s on a pair of JL 13tw5.

Again I didn't feel hindered though I do believe I could've used more power overall.

Typically my systems stay around 2000w combined RMS anyway 125x4 on highs and 1500x1 for subs. Occasionally more sometimes less. But you can get pretty loud on 1500w of subs
I'm only pulling 400wrms out of the amp. Better to go higher. As for my door speakers they are running on 75x4

I'm only pulling 400wrms out of the amp. Better to go higher. As for my door speakers they are running on 75x4

400w to a sub isn't a whole lot but in a nice custom box you can do alot with a little.

Of course more power gets louder easier. But comes with other considerations like can your alt keep up with the high amperage draw or do you have the battery reserve for when it can't

A custom box and quality gear go a long way, but you don't have to spend thousands to sound good and be modestly loud.

75w is plenty for door speakers. On here you will often find people going double or even triple RMS rating though. You don't send that power to the speaker all the time but a spit second tone can demand a lot and having headroom or extra power for those times can give your speakers more dynamic range at any volume. Its unnecessary for the majority of users especially if they aren't well versed in audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...