Audio Wizards by Mall of GA

distantbliss
10+ year member

While I was looking for Traffic Jams on Hwy 20(Buford Dr) I came across Hifi Buys, checked out the car audio section but didn't see anything I was really interested in so I just kept going east past I 85 when I noticed a sign saying CAR AUDIO, so I turned right.. Went to check out the place, it was small but had alot of Digital Designs speakers, subs and other well known brands. The guys there seemed friendly and know their stuff. I would love to check out their competition vehicle with Kicker goods. Seems that their main gear is DD and most ppl that know car audio heard about DD. Heck I already bought DD 6.5 coaxials today, can't wait to install them. Seems like they're the only DD dealer in the ATL area so if anyone that's been looking for them, check out Audio Wizards.

Yeah, I rode by that place last weekend... I saw them on DD's site so I drove by Sun. but they were closed. I'll go back one day

While I was looking for Traffic Jams on Hwy 20(Buford Dr) I came across Hifi Buys, checked out the car audio section but didn't see anything I was really interested in so I just kept going east past I 85 when I noticed a sign saying CAR AUDIO, so I turned right.. Went to check out the place, it was small but had alot of Digital Designs speakers, subs and other well known brands. The guys there seemed friendly and know their stuff. I would love to check out their competition vehicle with Kicker goods. Seems that their main gear is DD and most ppl that know car audio heard about DD. Heck I already bought DD 6.5 coaxials today, can't wait to install them. Seems like they're the only DD dealer in the ATL area so if anyone that's been looking for them, check out Audio Wizards.
Hey i know a chick from where your at.

i donno guys i wouldnt go there if you guys are wanting your stuff installed. this guy named collin helped me out. i talked to him about my box design and what not. he tried telling me that the longer the port the higher the tuning frequency. he also told me that my sundown saz1500 was only putting out about 1100 watts realistically. and then i asked him how he sets the gains and he said he just does it by ear. i said well what about using a dmm and hes like oh its not very accurate and is overated. i was just like WOW. very nice guy and will bend over backwards to help you out. incredible customer service, i just wouldnt trust them installing my ****. thats just me

i donno guys i wouldnt go there if you guys are wanting your stuff installed. this guy named collin helped me out. i talked to him about my box design and what not. he tried telling me that the longer the port the higher the tuning frequency. he also told me that my sundown saz1500 was only putting out about 1100 watts realistically. and then i asked him how he sets the gains and he said he just does it by ear. i said well what about using a dmm and hes like oh its not very accurate and is overated. i was just like WOW. very nice guy and will bend over backwards to help you out. incredible customer service, i just wouldnt trust them installing my ****. thats just me
They probably havent heard much about Sundown so they assumed it was an overrated amp. Not knowing there quality is VERY good.

You should have asked what amp they would reccomend to see what they say.

most ppl set gains by ear. also most ppl know when tuning an amp what to look for. and have a good foundation to start from. knowing the subs and amps are a good start. then tuning the amp from there are all personal preferences. I myself would rather tune my own amp and have it set to where I prefer than be told by a scope that this is where the amp should be tuned.

anything about gwinnett sound?

my g/f an her brother get all of their work done there. i was planning on going by to get get my car wired up and talk to them about going sealed or ported and what my options are.

we need to get a local audio club going lol. all these ppl near and around gwinnett. we need to get something going so we can have local meets and hopefully get a tl up here and start doing local events. I know I have mentioned the idea before but had very little response. anyone wanna get involved?

They probably havent heard much about Sundown so they assumed it was an overrated amp. Not knowing there quality is VERY good.
You should have asked what amp they would reccomend to see what they say.
well i know but i just dont see how i have heard of it and he hasnt and he does it for a living??

most ppl set gains by ear. also most ppl know when tuning an amp what to look for. and have a good foundation to start from. knowing the subs and amps are a good start. then tuning the amp from there are all personal preferences. I myself would rather tune my own amp and have it set to where I prefer than be told by a scope that this is where the amp should be tuned.
you cant set your gains by ear or you will most likely be clipping the amp.

we need to get a local audio club going lol. all these ppl near and around gwinnett. we need to get something going so we can have local meets and hopefully get a tl up here and start doing local events. I know I have mentioned the idea before but had very little response. anyone wanna get involved?
im game

lol most ppl just gain the hell out of a sub. I on the other hand try a different approach. try turning up the radio very loud then slow adjust the gain settings. I have never seen the cliping signal on my amps and i haven't blown a sub to date. now my current set up im only running 1000 rms to the sub with the current JL 1000/1 thats hooked up to it. but Most shops and most ppl tune amps by ear. and most do just fine. so truth be told you can tune an amp by ear. will it be as accurate? no but will it work yes. if you know what your doing will you push it close to clipping.. not really.

sweet. we need to get things going. I'm tired of hearing that there are shows and places with TL's and they are at least an hours drive. i dont feel like driving to Kenn. or Marrietta. everything is either way down south or in NW ga. time to bring some shows to the gwinnette area. I know many ppl are rolling around here with rides that are sick. maybe its time we try and get things really going.

i still disagree. subs can last a long time on a clipped signal and then all of a sudden one day just go poof and die on you. i dont see how you could set gains by ear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...