Audio legion subs

Participant count
  • Participants list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
Does anyone have the box specs on the audio legion Maximus subs

what air space and port specs for the 10 and the 12 inch?

from some YouTube videos they say they are close to the Skar EVL series

This guy does alot of testing and he recommended 2 cubes@36hz for the 12”
Someone questioned the tuning and he said he found 36hz to work best. He also compared this sub to the American Bass XR and spoke on how close they were in sound and loudness.

I just ordered a 12 as I wanna blow it up and take it apart 😂. The dust cap looks like carbon fiber printing over kraft paper like the American bass subs. I’m gonna free air this thing on 5k 😂.

I just ordered a 12 as I wanna blow it up and take it apart 😂. The dust cap looks like carbon fiber printing over kraft paper like the American bass subs. I’m gonna free air this thing on 5k 😂.
Video it please!😁
Dj, I know you rebuild subs, I have a Skar Audio ddx 12 that’s blown. Think it’s worth rebuilding something that would work well in a sealed box?

Video it please!😁
Dj, I know you rebuild subs, I have a Skar Audio ddx 12 that’s blown. Think it’s worth rebuilding something that would work well in a sealed box?

Oh I’ll video it for sure 😈. Its worth only if you do it yourself imo. Could definitely improve on it but you would probably spend a little more than one is new just to do it. The good news is, obviously the quality of parts would be way better but you can set it up to work strictly in sealed and make it have some nasty low end output. The EVL series on up is better suited for rebuilds imo. With those you step it up to a 3” coil and the gap depth is pretty decent so you can push it to around 30mm xmax without bottoming it out 😮.

Here is a little Evl motor I have laying around.

Attachments

• 99778129-C992-411C-A8FA-3857F8106537.jpeg
    99778129-C992-411C-A8FA-3857F8106537.jpeg
    997.8 KB · Views: 41

did you ever find out the specs of the sub and what it needs for perfect air space? i wanna find the mounting depth etc so i can build my box before it shows up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...