Audio Legion Javelin Series 10" Subwoofers

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don’t know. 10 of those on 3000 watts might put up some decent numbers. I was looking at the S1020 from them and wondering what 5 of those on 2000 watts would do.
I always go for an even amount of subs for an even amount of Ohm load run. I dont care for the Odd ohm loads, I like to get the most out of an amplifier that can to run smooth and clean as possible, Cone area can make a difference for sure. I ran 4 StillWater Kicker 10s back in the day and it was pretty amazing what they performed at.

I always go for an even amount of subs for an even amount of Ohm load run. I dont care for the Odd ohm loads, I like to get the most out of an amplifier that can to run smooth and clean as possible, Cone area can make a difference for sure. I ran 4 StillWater Kicker 10s back in the day and it was pretty amazing what they performed at.
I never like to turn my amp to maximum output. I just never have liked to, but I’ve also never competed at a level that watt/dollar would matter either. I usually always get a bigger amp and run a smaller sub. Im running an 800 watt sub on a 1400 watt amp now, but I ordered some of the audio legion s1020 to try. Going to run 4 of them and check them out. Probably try sealed and ported.

I never like to turn my amp to maximum output. I just never have liked to, but I’ve also never competed at a level that watt/dollar would matter either. I usually always get a bigger amp and run a smaller sub. Im running an 800 watt sub on a 1400 watt amp now, but I ordered some of the audio legion s1020 to try. Going to run 4 of them and check them out. Probably try sealed and ported.
I have always given head room and generally never go over the rated RMS value on any speaker or sub. I like my gear to last. Ill play around with audio that I am either tired of or have no interest in any longer and just have some fun with them. Not that I have funds to burn or anything, but just a lot of gear.Ive got subs from 99/2000 that still look and perform very well.Its a great hobby that I still enjoy and have for 20+ years. Id rather listen to music than watch the tube, any day of the week.

I have always given head room and generally never go over the rated RMS value on any speaker or sub. I like my gear to last. Ill play around with audio that I am either tired of or have no interest in any longer and just have some fun with them. Not that I have funds to burn or anything, but just a lot of gear.Ive got subs from 99/2000 that still look and perform very well.Its a great hobby that I still enjoy and have for 20+ years. Id rather listen to music than watch the tube, any day of the week.
I never go over rated RMS either on gain settings, but I’m constantly swapping subs and selling them off. I might be running a couple of 300 watt rms 8s for awhile then put a 1200 watt 15 in. 1200 watts on 4 10s might replace the single 800 watt 10 I’m running now. With these new smaller amps it’s kinda nice to have enough amp power to run anything.

Finally got around to installing 2 of the 4 subs I got. I put them in the box that buck designed for my Dayton HO 10’s. Wow, for what they are, these subs are decently loud. Louder than the Dayton’s. I wouldn’t say they sound better. But they impress me. Got them hooked up to my 1200 watt amp. Box is 1.9@34hz. Makes me want to build a box for all 4 and see what they can do. For under $30 subs, I am very impressed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...