Audi S3 door speakers upgraded to Focal 6.5" .. Can you recommend an Amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

K24A3

AUS
Car:
Audi S3 2019 Sedan w/ standard 10 speaker 4 ohm system.

I already have Focal ISS 165's in the rear doors (running off the stock Audi Amp).
I am looking to replace the huge 8" woofers in the front doors with some generous MDF mounts.

Speakers:
Apparently these speakers have won awards so I'm going for these 80RMS speakers:
Focal PS 165 V1 Expert Series 6.5" 2-Way Component Speakers

Amp:
(?) < That is the question

I need a 2 channel Amp ( or 4 channels running as 2 speakers)
(The JL Audio Sub already runs from a mono Alpine M250).

I was thinking Audison or Focal... something premium that deserves to run nice Focal 6.5"..
I will be tapping into the already factory-amplified speaker wires (they are like 20 watts, non-RMS I think) , so the Amp needs speaker inputs, not Line-In.

What shall you recommend?

Last edited:
I have 0 complaints using the Rockford t400x4 to my focals. 2 6.5 components and 2 6x9 2ways. I’m sure this is bc I’m happy with the setup. I moved up twice to this one. First was a r400 then p600 then this one. Trial and error, eventually I ponied up the $ and got the performance I was looking for. Many ppl will tell you this amp or that amp is best but it comes down to your choice, budget and preferences.
Clean power shines through speakers the best.
I read reviews on several sites while learning and exposing myself to this vast audio world. Many folks try to convince you it’s the best bc they’re happy w it. Read between the lines and make a choice bc you are convinced.

One thing I’ve noticed about reading reviews is those who cannot spell offer very colorful and misspelled adjectives to describe products. Take those as “they like it” and ask yourself “why?” Being understated can say a lot.
Just something to look for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...