AT WHITS END car stereo will not power. its not the fuse and power reaches the back of the stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

sadiq

CarAudio.com Newbie
london
Hi need some help. Bought a 2nd hand car a few weeks ago - the stereo was working fine put the volume up 1 day and it cut out, no power. Changed all the fuses still no different. Got a hold of another system, still not different so could've been another dudd system. I bought a volt tester tested all the points all the way from fuse box to the back of the stereo wires - the tester shows power going into the stereo. All the wiring looms are original. Used another stereo still no power. Its a 2004 seat alhambra. Tempted just to just buy a bluetooth speaker and be done with it if its an expensive job. any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

any help would be appreciated!
Did you replace a factory radio with another factory radio? If yes, yours will be the third one in two months and we have yet to find a solution. Only thing that comes to mind is that the built in anti theft alarm was activated. Since it is not recognized by the car's computer, it would not activate it. This is just theory since not all radios have that feature.

Hi need some help. Bought a 2nd hand car a few weeks ago - the stereo was working fine put the volume up 1 day and it cut out, no power. Changed all the fuses still no different. Got a hold of another system, still not different so could've been another dudd system. I bought a volt tester tested all the points all the way from fuse box to the back of the stereo wires - the tester shows power going into the stereo. All the wiring looms are original. Used another stereo still no power. Its a 2004 seat alhambra. Tempted just to just buy a bluetooth speaker and be done with it if its an expensive job. any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
You said you tested all of the points for the power, have you also tested continuity to ground on the black wire and verified the ignition cable is getting power with the key in the on position? These are the bare minimum for a radio to turn on, you can also temporarily short the power wire to the ignition wire to verify the radio isn't at fault. Usually radios will ask for a code when it's anti-theft but the display won't remain black although it is possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.