Arrested for “ I EAT ASS” decal on truck

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
So a previous car audio team member was arrested a few days ago for having “ I EAT ASS” on the back glass of his truck. 

They later ended up dropping all charges but not before Dillon lawyered up.  Shits getting attention from quite a few news stations.

Can’t wait to see what happens in court 😂

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
 Are you sure he wasn't arrested for his sh**y breath?

dumb law but should have removed. What a headache court cost lawyer cost resist charge etc. over a sticker lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
@Popwarhomie does FL laws prohibit derogatory vinyl decals on vehicles?

Ah n/m just watched entire vehicle. Kinda funny here you see all kinds of weird stuff that people wear, vinyl their cars, etc and no ones arrested. Fl has some weird laws.

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
Jeezus!

This cop... if one of my kids asked and was that young, I'd deflect/answer the question by telling the youngins it's referring to a donkey.

Hey... roast ass on a spit has to be a delicacy somewhere.... right?

OP
Popwarhomie

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
Unfortunately out here 90% of the cops are just good ole boys who think their opinion is more important than your rights as an American.

His son probably knows all about eating ass from playing Fortnite.... 

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
Jeezus!

This cop... if one of my kids asked and was that young, I'd deflect/answer the question by telling the youngins it's referring to a donkey.

Hey... roast ass on a spit has to be a delicacy somewhere.... right?
Exactly, you just say the guy licks donkeys and move on. 

Pretty sure NWA wrote a song about the police...

• Thanks
Reactions: Popwarhomie

fithwheel

Dec 8, 2017
indiana
I can't believe how much it has spread so far.  Jeff gray made a video on it and now buzzfeed posted an article.
I can't get over the resisting charge that's fking crazy. Idk I would imagine it's felony. Ridiculous if it is. Whole thing is really 

I'm sure all ass eaters will unite and cause a big stink. Can't wait for the name of that cause 

• Thanks

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I would have told the cop no as well. He gave him a court date, told him it is not admitting guilt, and had him sign it. It is up to the judge to ask him to remove it, not the f*****g cop. I would have told him if his kids ask what it meant to tell them "It's what the man in the truck did to mommy last night". Maybe if this prick cop ate some ass every now and then, his wife would be a little nicer to him and he wouldn't be such an uptight tyrant asshole. I EAT ASS!!! I love that shit ;)

• Haha

Talontsi90

CarAudio.com VIP
Mar 14, 2019
Not taking either side, but this is NOT a 1A argument. It is also not resisting arrest, its resisting a potential unlawful order as its up to the judge to determine whether or not its a violation of that statute. The cop simply cannot convict him and thats probably why they dropped the charges to keep away from a lawsuit for unlawful arrest, especially since the person on the phone seemed intent on "towing his shit".

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
He is 100% covered by the First Amendment of the Constitution, and that trumps any of Florida's backwoods laws. I think it's tacky af and will only bring harassment, so why have it, but that doesn't make it illegal. The cop literally said in the vid that he had a personal problem with it and went out of his way to try to make it a criminal offense. I had a "Fuck Authority" decal on the driver side quarter window of my Nova in high school. One day the campus cop told me I needed to remove it. I told him to kiss my ass and went on my way. Never heard anything else about it.

Talontsi90

CarAudio.com VIP
Mar 14, 2019
He is 100% covered by the First Amendment of the Constitution, and that trumps any of Florida's backwoods laws. I think it's tacky af and will only bring harassment, so why have it, but that doesn't make it illegal. The cop literally said in the vid that he had a personal problem with it and went out of his way to try to make it a criminal offense. I had a "Fuck Authority" decal on the driver side quarter window of my Nova in high school. One day the campus cop told me I needed to remove it. I told him to kiss my ass and went on my way. Never heard anything else about it.
Actually, it isnt covered. Its not religious, nor against a hostile government. From https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/first_amendment

" A less stringent test is applied for content-neutral legislation. The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence. For more on unprotected and less protected categories of speech see advocacy of illegal action, fighting words, commercial speech and obscenity. The right to free speech includes other mediums of expression that communicate a message. The level of protection speech receives also depends on the forum in which it takes place."   

The irony is, the dude on the phone pretty much made their case go away by "cussing at the dude" lol, he broke his own law.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Actually, it isnt covered. Its not religious, nor against a hostile government. From https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/first_amendment

" A less stringent test is applied for content-neutral legislation. The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence. For more on unprotected and less protected categories of speech see advocacy of illegal action, fighting words, commercial speech and obscenity. The right to free speech includes other mediums of expression that communicate a message. The level of protection speech receives also depends on the forum in which it takes place."   

The irony is, the dude on the phone pretty much made their case go away by "cussing at the dude" lol, he broke his own law.
The First Amendment does not cover some things, such as hate, inciting violence, etc. But in this case it does. There have been many cases like this before and the charges always get dropped by a higher court. A lot of states have this same law stated in the vid. It always gets overturned and many lawsuits have been filed against the state and won.

Talontsi90

CarAudio.com VIP
Mar 14, 2019
The First Amendment does not cover some things, such as hate, inciting violence, etc. But in this case it does. There have been many cases like this before and the charges always get dropped by a higher court. A lot of states have this same law stated in the vid. It always gets overturned and many lawsuits have been filed against the state and won.
Sorry but did you read what i posted? From that article https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/obscenity

"Obscenity is a category of speech unprotected by the First Amendment. Obscenity laws are concerned with prohibiting lewd, filthy, or disgusting words or pictures. Indecent materials or depictions, normally speech or artistic expressions, may be restricted in terms of time, place, and manner, but are still protected by the First Amendment. There are major disagreements regarding obscene material and the government's role in regulation. All fifty states have individual laws controlling obscene material." 

The article covers it in detail and what the courts use to determine if its truly obscene.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
And the Supreme Court has ruled them all unconstitutional. 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds