Are Crunch amps any good?

Not really. If you want a gecent entry level amp try Jensen or Boss..I would rather see you save your money and buy quality the first time around you'll be happier in the long run.

Mike

Yeah I've heard Jensen and boss but I was hoping that Crunch was better than them both...Which is the better entry level amp..Jensen, BOSS, or Crunch....Regardless of cost...Money is not a problem..

Thank you

Adam Chandler

another good entry level amp would be a lanzar amp. but if money is not a problem, why u going for jensen, boss, and crunch anyways? crunch is decent, i think its better than jensen, i guess u can match it up against boss, but it'd be my pick of the three... this is my opinion, dont go anal on me.

Well I could fork out the extra money and get a great amp but I don't think I need a very powerful one just one that matches or maybe surpases my subs a little....Two 12" Kenwood tornados (600w peak) 160rms...see I want to fit my amp to the subs not pass the subs....If you can think of a better brand that will match my speakers wattage without costing more than these then tell me....I don't mind but I would rather not spend money just to be spending it, right?

Thanks

Adam

I have a temporary Boss amp for now (HC1900) and it does the job, better than I thought it would actually. I don't have experience w/ Crunch or Jenson, however. Thus far, I haven't had a problem w/ my Boss, although it puts out nowhere near what it says it does. I doubt the HC1900 has much more than 700RMS, bridged in mono, when it claims 1800. From what I've heard, there are two major problems w/ them. The first, which I outlined, is they overrated their products by quite a bit; secondly, some say they are not that reliable (although mine came with a 6 year limited warrenty). Just my two cents

Thanks Mark I don't want overrated stuff cause the one I was looking at was exactly what I needed but not if it was overrated....It would be much lower then what I need if it's overrated that much...

Adam

u could get a fosgate 360.2 or a 250.2. if u find the right 250.2, it'll put u at 320 watts, maybe even more. rockford always underrates their amps. i was upset when they only underrated my 800.2 by 75 watts cuz i've seen birth sheets over 800.2's that put out well over 950 watts.

I have been using a crunch 2500 for a back up amp and i guess it's ok, but it does not push the base hard, it's loud ,but not enough base because you need a high current amp for that, So if i was in your shoes i would try to be a little patient and save some more money and buy something better so you can enjoy the end result better

i would just buy on ebay...a good amp that you knew was better...hell you can get some great stuff inbetween 150-400 bucks....if you are thinking of upgrading later on anyway why not just save up and be happy rather than buying a cheap band aid just to sell it later and prolly lose money on it later?

i'm with the guy that said the rockford 360/250.2. Either one of those would be good. I got my 360.2 for $200 (with the help of some best buy gift certificates) and I got a four year service plan so if it blows up in the next four years... they will give me a new one. I got it installed for free too, but they really did a horrible job and I ended up redoing most of it myself.

Peace

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.