AQ HDC4 15" or Orion HCCA 15"??????

Strykker118A

Ohio
Whats up guys. Anyone have any experience with either one of these subs? Stuck between choosing one or the other. I currently have two 12's and Im looking to get just one ****** 15. Im going to be running a Memphis 2500rms to one of them and was just curious as to which one might be better. In my opinion they are both ****** subs but Im leaning toward the Orion. Any advice would be awesome, thanks.

Even though I dnt like AQ subs I would prob go with it over the Orion... The few AQ's I have seen in action were pretty nice.. Well until the spiders seperated on most of them. Yes, they were being sent over rated power but it was clean power so take that as u will.

Even though I dnt like AQ subs I would prob go with it over the Orion... The few AQ's I have seen in action were pretty nice.. Well until the spiders seperated on most of them. Yes, they were being sent over rated power but it was clean power so take that as u will.
Had to be way below box tuning then. I run way over RMS and play 5-7Hz below box tuning all the time. Have never torn a spider on an AQ sub...

Had to be way below box tuning then. I run way over RMS and play 5-7Hz below box tuning all the time. Have never torn a spider on an AQ sub...
Nothing to do with dropping below tuning but I guess a sub rated at 1k just cant handle 2.5+ for long periods of time LOL... But none the less AQ has always had spider issues its a known fact. I am not saying they have not corrected the issue but from my understanding they still uise the same old crap spiders. Had something to do with the resin they use but IDK. Love there amps just not so much on subs...

I'd go with the AQ, especially for the price. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Nothing to do with dropping below tuning but I guess a sub rated at 1k just cant handle 2.5+ for long periods of time LOL... But none the less AQ has always had spider issues its a known fact. I am not saying they have not corrected the issue but from my understanding they still uise the same old crap spiders. Had something to do with the resin they use but IDK. Love there amps just not so much on subs...

While it may seem like they are "known" for spider issues the mass majority of the ones sent back to AQ were from user error. All though the spiders are less then desirable they hold up just fine with in the limits of what the driver was designed for. Which does include low extension in the correct enclosure. The newer subs use the exact same spider just larger version. This helped with some of the issues, but the low quality spiders are still an issue and will be if used incorrectly.

Basically if you use the driver with it's limits you will have no issues at all. If you dump 2-3k to the HDC(which is being discussed with spider issues) while playing below tuning or in an enclosure that is not built/designed correctly you very well may find your self having spider issues.

With extended testing on the HDC4 though, I found another weakness that can occur but that is if the sub is pushed far beyond its limits. They share the same type of spider as the HDC3 as well.

Chinese glue *****, that's why copper coil subs have the plastic ring to help hold down the spider. Recones don't use the ring since you use good ca glue.

Again I've NEVER had a problem with their "crappy" spiders and have burped with 2 3500's at .25ohm each per sub.

And yes dropping way below tuning with a lot of power will stress the spiders, and I could see that causing trouble.

Chinese glue *****, that's why copper coil subs have the plastic ring to help hold down the spider. Recones don't use the ring since you use good ca glue.
Again I've NEVER had a problem with their "crappy" spiders and have burped with 2 3500's at .25ohm each per sub.

And yes dropping way below tuning with a lot of power will stress the spiders, and I could see that causing trouble.
All of the HDC3/4 have the ring do to lack of ability to use good glue and the lacking ability of the Chinese to properly glue. This is not just on the copper coils.

All of the HDC3/4 have the ring do to lack of ability to use good glue and the lacking ability of the Chinese to properly glue. This is not just on the copper coils.
I said recones do NOT have the plastic ring, at least all the copper and alum ones I've done...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.