Anyone replaced a Sundown (or similar) terminal?

Water Bear

Senior VIP Member
Anyone ever replaced terminals on a Sundown X series or similar, Skar, etc? The bolt is flush with the basket and in a tough spot. Could use tips if anyone has a clever solution.

Attachments

• nsv4_terminals.png
    nsv4_terminals.png
    496.2 KB · Views: 30
@Popwarhomie you lucked out. @1aespinoza is correct, mine is behind a spoke. The problem is there's a raised lip on the basket and the nut is flush against that so I can't get a socket on the nut - tried and failed. It seems like I'll have to use a small crow's foot at an angle and just do 1/8th turns or something and pray the nut doesn't round off.

The attached image shows what I'm dealing with. The area behind the spokes is very slightly indented. A snake cam was required to take the picture at the top of this post.
IMG_20221208_095352_HDR.jpg

I made a picture for the Sundown guys and may as well share it here. At least we can all get a laugh out of the situation.

Attachments

• explanation-nsv4-terminals.png
    explanation-nsv4-terminals.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 25
Is there enough room to solder direct leads and just bypass the spring terminals?

Great Ms paint skills btw 👍

Honestly that's probably the answer here. It doesn't have a warranty since I got it second-hand on eBay so shipping it out just to get new terminals will cost me probably $200-$300.

Edit: Hell, for that matter I could maybe superglue the broken terminals back together / back to the basket

Honestly that's probably the answer here. It doesn't have a warranty since I got it second-hand on eBay so shipping it out just to get new terminals will cost me probably $200-$300.

Edit: Hell, for that matter I could maybe superglue the broken terminals back together / back to the basket
Using Super glue will Fail from Vibrations more than likely, Solder joint is pretty secure and doesnt take alot of Real effort and will last.. Just my 0.02 cents

Using Super glue will Fail from Vibrations more than likely, Solder joint is pretty secure and doesnt take alot of Real effort and will last.. Just my 0.02 cents

I'm sure you're right. The only issue is I don't know how to solder. :censored: A buddy showed me how once but it's not a skill I ever developed.

I'm sure you're right. The only issue is I don't know how to solder. :censored: A buddy showed me how once but it's not a skill I ever developed.
Super easy and Cheap..Ill bet your father or Gramps can solder it pretty easily?? You Tube is your friend too. As well as H.freight /Lowes/or H.Depot for a kit or Parts Express. You may even Call up a Computer or TV repair shop and ask??Do you know anyone that works in Plumbing? A/C? Those guys solder DAILY

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...