Anyone refinish leather? Colorbond?

heyhi1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
nyc
I have some marks on my rear seat that I'm gonna paint with colorbond. I'm doing the prep now and I need to know if I'm missing something and what the most important part is.

I'm cleaning it with dish soap and using a gray scratchpad to get it as clean as possible. Then I'm going to use Sem prep spray for leather and plastic on a new scratch pad . I'm doing each step 3 or 4 x.

Should I do something else like clean it with rubbing alcohol?

what your doing should work just fine. the soap should be unscented or just use regular tide liquid. the scented stuff will leave residue. no need for alcohol other than a beer or liquor for a drink for the tedious work you are performing.

Haha yea it's tedious but I'm nervous cause half the reviews I read say it don't last half say it does. Hopefully it will last thanks

sem paint is an amazing product and it should work great. light coats and it will last as long as you wait for it to cure before using or rubbing against it. usually 48hrs before handling is what i have done with great success.

sem paint is an amazing product and it should work great. light coats and it will last as long as you wait for it to cure before using or rubbing against it. usually 48hrs before handling is what i have done with great success.
I just gave it 4 light coats and it's about 70% covered, should I hit it the a scratch pad to get any loose paint off ND give it 3 or 4 light coats again?

If you have already started applying the paint then there is no reason to scuff anymore. Also should not need 7-8 light coats. That is just saying your light coats are a little to light. Sem shoots a little thicker than normal spray paint. Just make sure the old paint is not flaky or rubbing off. A cpl more coats and you should be good. Any pictures of your progress? That will for sure help out. Get some pics up before doing anymore paint.

If you have already started applying the paint then there is no reason to scuff anymore. Also should not need 7-8 light coats. That is just saying your light coats are a little to light. Sem shoots a little thicker than normal spray paint. Just make sure the old paint is not flaky or rubbing off. A cpl more coats and you should be good. Any pictures of your progress? That will for sure help out. Get some pics up before doing anymore paint.
Sorry for long delay, wrong color and order a new color. How do I prep the seat now that's it's already been paintrd?

I had a small burn mark and some stains on my back seat. Color bond is great wtf am I gonna go replace the leather for. Gtf outta here with ur goofy ***. Get a fkn life instead of being a loser talking outta ur *** online

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.