Anyone heard CDT's new "StageFront" series?

There's some pretty good review in sounddomain forum not long ago. I think you can read the same review by kepone at cdt website.

I myself was wondering if those would make a difference for me since I have a pillar location for tweeters. I closed them up when I switched to kick panels but image enhancing tweeters may make a difference in that location. hmmmmm

Adam

there's no reason to add something that you don't even need. if you don't have stage height problem then why bother. remember the KISS rule?

I look at them as a band aid to help fix a low sound stage problem when re-aiming the main component speakers is not an option, i.e. using factory speaker locations. I think if you take the time and effort to aim your main speakers you can achieve a nice high soundstage without them.

I look at them as a band aid to help fix a low sound stage problem when re-aiming the main component speakers is not an option, i.e. using factory speaker locations. I think if you take the time and effort to aim your main speakers you can achieve a nice high soundstage without them.
I disagree, I think they could add alot of depth to a soundstage that already sounds good. As long as they were installed by someone who knows what they are doing they could prove very useful.

Adam

I'll conceed to adam as I have no first hand experience with image enhancement tweeters... that was just my guess at them.
Now, now.....I'm not that far fetched am I.?? I'm not saying I know more than you but I believe they could be a nice addition.

The guy that gave the review already owned the Eurosport components and loved how they sounded and when he added the enhancement tweets it sounded even better to him. He said the stage got deeper and more transparent.

I, myself wouldn't mind giving them try if I had a way of defeating them when I didn't want them on. Like use them as I am already using the ESP-2. I can turn that on and off with a push of a button.

Adam

:thumbsupw

Are the image enhancement tweeters special tweeters at all?

I ask because the CDT crossovers I am running have a port for the image enhance tweeters built into them.... so, since I have a nice pair of Focal comps sitting in the closet, could I just use those tweeters and run them through the CDT crossovers I have?

Is the dispursement and diffusion of the CDT IE tweeters different than normal so the sound stage follows the windshield?

This might be a fun weekend project //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Are the image enhancement tweeters special tweeters at all?
Thats a good question, I'll have to ask around.

I ask because the CDT crossovers I am running have a port for the image enhance tweeters built into them
Wow, they actually have that huh? Thats really cool....seems like they would make you have to buy the seperate module to go with those. But then again atleast CDT is showing appreciation for buying their products.

Is the dispursement and diffusion of the CDT IE tweeters different than normal so the sound stage follows the windshield?
If they are just a normal tweeter then I don't see any reason why your focal tweets shouldn't do the job. Leave a post when you find out something. Even though I would have to buy the IE package since I don't run CDT comps. but let us know regardless.

Adam

cdt may claim that their iek tweets are supertweeters, but it is simply a pair of tweets and a stereo lpad. you can use just about any tweeter with good top end extension and get a similar result. you can buy lpad if needed, partsexpress have them.

cdt may claim that their iek tweets are supertweeters, but it is simply a pair of tweets and a stereo lpad. you can use just about any tweeter with good top end extension and get a similar result. you can buy lpad if needed, partsexpress have them.

What is an lpad ???

the little (actually it is pretty huge :p) knob that comes with the iek set. it works as an adjustable attenuator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.