Anyone have info on this sub?

RSW3

I moved into a new house (at least new to me) and up in the attic was setting a forgotten lanzar ZR-12 12" sub with single 4ohm voice coil. I know lanzar is not worth a **** but I thought it might be a good starter sub for my nephew (He's 12 and is bugging me for his first sub. I'm one proud uncle! ). T/S parameters, power handling or minimum/maximum air space for sealed and ported enclosures would be nice. If no one can help with the above request maybe a year of production. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any info will be appreciated. I know someone somewhere must have owned this sub.

Richard S. Wildman III

I will figure out what to do with the sub after I gather more info on the sub that lanzar, the internet and I guess the rest of the world has forgotten about all together. Right now, the Fs of the sub would be a really good start. At least then we could kinda figure out port info if we choose to port.

You can buy the new lanzar for about 30.00 on ebay. They are not a real good sub and cannot handle much power. But one thing it is good for is a bass fill. It will handle mid bass OK. People do not relize all you can do with the cheap stuff. If you do not put a lot of power to it, it will work well as a filler. These speakers were designed for a sealed enclosure about 4 to 5 years ago. So I would figure that one is too. Build a sealed box and do not apply a lot of power to it. PLUS you cannot beat the price FREE.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.