Anyone Have a CAB 22?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kickstand
Premium Member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm trying to install a sub in my buddies car.
The car is 2017 Porsche Panamera
The sub is a DD 3512 Dual 4 ohm
He needs an amp and I'm leaning to the CAB 22,
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge or experience with the amp that can comment on it
The other options I was looking at was the Sundown SIA 1750 or the Wolfram Audio 0-2400.1D
I'm having a problem trusting these full bridge amps though, plus cooling fans bother me.

Yes I have one and love it. Must use 1/0 OFC or Welding wire for power/grounds. Does a more then rated and many have used them down to 0.5 ohm when strapping them. Would take it over both of those other options in a heartbeat.

Every one of them they have tested has come out just under 2500 watts certified. Yeah dyno tests don't show the whole thing nor under real world conditions.

There is a reason they sell out of them every time they get them in that and the Cab-45. Both are half-bridge technology. Plus even brought out some 4 channels that are awesome as well. But they are a bigger amplifier and heavy. Tbh I think it is heavier then the Audio Legion 2.5K I have sitting here also.

Told ya you would like it Marve! I would take it over the Wolfram all day long especially with their money troubles the past year and other stuff going on. Apex Audio was Car Audio Bargain but they bought them out and are in the same building or right next to it as Sundown so they work hand in hand on everything they build and even Sundown now is sending people to them for refurbished Sundown stuff which they will also do customization's on as well. Tbh great company over there and talk with them a few times a year. When the Cab was coming out he sent me all sorts of stuff including a note saying "if you end up liking the Cab-22 wait till you see the 4 channel we also have coming out based on the same board and what not." Any questions you ask they respond that day or that night.

Thanks guys you sold me
I was already sold really just wanted to see if there were any complaints about it
He ordered it this morning
Going to build the box this weekend while were waiting for the amp to come
If the amp performs as well as everyone says it does then I'm going to look into the 45 for myself this spring
Thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...