Anyone ever use the Advance Auto Autocraft agm batts? $118 after core for the 34/78

I'm running this battery from Advanced because it's the best I could buy locally that day, in an 03 Silverado 5.3L. I don't think my usage and experience will help your decision though. It's been in about a month and 2000 miles, however I don't have it in any kind of bind, so my opinion is about useless besides for a daily driver with a ton of miles. I'm building my system sort of backwards, because I'm also putting about 1200 miles a week on my truck currently and need the dependability. I replaced battery first on the project with this one, and did a full tune up replacing all the sensors, cleaning the throttle body, etc, and am currently getting into doing the big 3 and getting ready to put in a high output alternator, before I install the amps.
you can run dual batteries, buy an aux battery tray from the dealership for about $40.

you can run dual batteries, buy an aux battery tray from the dealership for about $40.
That's a good idea, I haven't even considered OEM, because I've always had to do custom stuff. Would this be similar to the way they lay out a duramax dual battery setup?

That's a good idea, I haven't even considered OEM, because I've always had to do custom stuff. Would this be similar to the way they lay out a duramax dual battery setup?
afaik it's exactly the same besides having smaller trays? could be wrong there. one batt by the pass side firewall, other in front of the fusebox. Part numebrs are readily available online just determine if you need the pass or driver side tray ive written a few things about it if you search

third and fourth batts on the frame if you want. ive got two batts and soon to be two alts just need to install the bracket

The silverado 1500 with tow and snow plow package have dual from factory.

Buy from gmdirect online for cheaper prices.. 28$ total online and 55$ total from dealership.

You can go overkill by buying the battery holder that bolts or welds to the truck frame from the dealership.

This one is only available in 05+ duramax, but you can do up to 8 batteries on the frame.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

The silverado 1500 with tow and snow plow package have dual from factory.
Buy from gmdirect online for cheaper prices.. 28$ total online and 55$ total from dealership.

You can go overkill by buying the battery holder that bolts or welds to the truck frame from the dealership.

This one is only available in 05+ duramax, but you can do up to 8 batteries on the frame.

mine was only $36 or something

wait what, can the frame mount batteries work on any fullsize truck or is there no room

mine was only $36 or something
wait what, can the frame mount batteries work on any fullsize truck or is there no room
Yes they can work on our full size trucks.

We can only fit group 71 or 34.. Group 31 is too tall.

Just dont forget to buy the tray cover

Yes they can work on our full size trucks.
We can only fit group 71 or 34.. Group 31 is too tall.

Just dont forget to buy the tray cover

I bought two of them from auto zone about two and a half years ago and they have been great ! and I think they were 3 year replacement also. Dont know if they still are ?

I'd find a coupon and get a YT. I've used them exclusively since 07 and never had an issue. My current battery is a 2012 model and still runs just fine.

I ended up getting the Advance Auto Autocraft platinum, and instead of dropping down into dangerous levels of 10.5-11 volts, with this battery it holds steady around 12 volts + full tilt on lower bass I typically play (25-30hz area). So, I'm gonna be looking into possibly getting another matching for the trunk soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, maybe I'll gain another volt and that will keep me in the low to mid 13 range.. But, I'll see how it holds up in the long run. Thanks for the input though everyone. Btw, it was a little more than I thought after core ($138) but seemingly worth it and about half the price of other equivalents. Thanks again guys.

I ended up getting the Advance Auto Autocraft platinum, and instead of dropping down into dangerous levels of 10.5-11 volts, with this battery it holds steady around 12 volts + full tilt on lower bass I typically play (25-30hz area). So, I'm gonna be looking into possibly getting another matching for the trunk soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif, maybe I'll gain another volt and that will keep me in the low to mid 13 range.. But, I'll see how it holds up in the long run. Thanks for the input though everyone. Btw, it was a little more than I thought after core ($138) but seemingly worth it and about half the price of other equivalents. Thanks again guys.
Batteries only help from dropping below 12v.

It doesnt and wont help gain a volt.

For this you need to upgrade your alt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.