Anyone ever use the Advance Auto Autocraft agm batts? $118 after core for the 34/78

I was looking into purchasing a group 78 Autocraft Platinum from Advance Auto. It's $138 with a 30% discount code off of their website. After core charge, I get it for $118. It's 925ca and 60ah. I have been looking into the XS Power D3400 with the 551 side post adapters for months, but for close to $300, that just isn't happening. Would this battery from Advance be worth my time and effort to buy and put in for that price? For now, this would be the only battery in the car running everything. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I heard Johnson Controls makes them, not sure if that's true or not.
who makes johnson controls batteries then lol there's only 3-4 major companies that produce batteries. beyond that they're ALL rebadged

apparently johnson control makes optimas batteries... that doesn't bode well to me

Lol. Ya, the fact that Johnson Controls makes Optimas doesn't sit too well with me either, but I had an Optima yellow top once upon a time, and it worked ok for the 6 months I had it. It was the same size as this battery. It was also almost double the price ($235). Don't you think that a similar battery for half the price would be worth it? I only want and/or need this battery to last a year or so.

who makes johnson controls batteries then lol there's only 3-4 major companies that produce batteries. beyond that they're ALL rebadged

apparently johnson control makes optimas batteries... that doesn't bode well to me

Lol. Ya, the fact that Johnson Controls makes Optimas doesn't sit too well with me either, but I had an Optima yellow top once upon a time, and it worked ok for the 6 months I had it. It was the same size as this battery. It was also almost double the price ($235). Don't you think that a similar battery for half the price would be worth it? I only want and/or need this battery to last a year or so.

I run the Autocraft Platinum in my 2013 Ram, it has the best specs of any parts store battery that I could find. I am running about 1800 watts rms total on this battery and the stock 180 amp alternator with the big 4 and it holds voltage much better than the stock battery. So far so good but I would like to upgrade to a Northstar in the future.

have you checked sams club for that group size in a duracell AGM? I've had good luck with my east penn AGM batteries and they're about the same price. If you're willing to spend as much as an optima costs get an AGM with virgin (well, pure) lead they're much better and last longer.

I did, and they're $104.99 for what looks to be about the same equivalent. The only difference is I believe the duracell has higher cranking amps, and the ah is 5-10 less. The problem is, the closest store to me that has one in stock is a couple hours away in Nj somewhere and I'm in Pa. I also do not have a membership to Sam's club. I heard of a one day pass they have, but I'm jus not sure if it's worth the drive when it's about the same price and seems similar when I have about 10 advance autos within 10 miles of where I live.

have you checked sams club for that group size in a duracell AGM? I've had good luck with my east penn AGM batteries and they're about the same price. If you're willing to spend as much as an optima costs get an AGM with virgin (well, pure) lead they're much better and last longer.

I did, and they're $104.99 for what looks to be about the same equivalent. The only difference is I believe the duracell has higher cranking amps, and the ah is 5-10 less. The problem is, the closest store to me that has one in stock is a couple hours away in Nj somewhere and I'm in Pa. I also do not have a membership to Sam's club. I heard of a one day pass they have, but I'm jus not sure if it's worth the drive when it's about the same price and seems similar when I have about 10 advance autos within 10 miles of where I live.
if you have a friend with a membership they can let you in, thats a long drive though. im pretty sure other places carry brands made by by east penn but i havent researched that group size

Autocraft AGM (Advance Auto Parts), SuperStart AGM (Oreily), Duralast AGM (AutoZone)

These are all east penn batteries.

Duracell is east penn also, but it has 10ah more then those other agms

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

You must be taking all of the Duracells Jeff beacause ive looked and looked and looked not one in s.cal! Lolol

I went with superstart g31 fits snuggly under my hoody but, but had to eat top ramon for a week!!

Mine had a date code of november 2015. Was top notch the first week...now its getting to be a pain in the arsy on long bass notes and ***** at night with the headlights on. Capacity and voltage levels lower already, only has it less then 2 weeks. Maybe its normal for this due to my setup...3000w hifonics?? Yes and no lol. 130a stock alt is ths culprit i am guessing. But my bass is fading away again, uggh!

No lie Jeff, you were teh one to say hifonics amps arent noob friendly lol

Op sorry i burglarized your thread!

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

You must be taking all of the Duracells Jeff beacause ive looked and looked and looked not one in s.cal! Lolol
I went with superstart g31 fits snuggly under my hoody but, but had to eat top ramon for a week!!

Mine had a date code of november 2015. Was top notch the first week...now its getting to be a pain in the arsy on long bass notes and ***** at night with the headlights on. Capacity and voltage levels lower already, only has it less then 2 weeks. Maybe its normal for this due to my setup...3000w hifonics?? Yes and no lol. 130a stock alt is ths culprit i am guessing. But my bass is fading away again, uggh!

No lie Jeff, you were teh one to say hifonics amps arent noob friendly lol

Op sorry i burglarized your thread!

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Hifonics amps are power hungry.. You need a high output alt to save your battery from all the amp clipping.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I'm running this battery from Advanced because it's the best I could buy locally that day, in an 03 Silverado 5.3L. I don't think my usage and experience will help your decision though. It's been in about a month and 2000 miles, however I don't have it in any kind of bind, so my opinion is about useless besides for a daily driver with a ton of miles. I'm building my system sort of backwards, because I'm also putting about 1200 miles a week on my truck currently and need the dependability. I replaced battery first on the project with this one, and did a full tune up replacing all the sensors, cleaning the throttle body, etc, and am currently getting into doing the big 3 and getting ready to put in a high output alternator, before I install the amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.