Any thoughts on Nakamichi 6605?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BQ99

CarAudio.com Newbie
Had a 2YO Pioneer W4400NEX die (forever 'loading'); tried to put in a new SD with firmware and that didn't work, so I'm looking for new Head unit. A local shop has a good deal on Nakamichi 6605.. no wireless CarPlay, but not sure that's essential. Anyone know anything about these units- features, sound quality, reliability? With pandemic-related manufacturing issues, it's not easy finding any Pioneer/Kenwood, and with my recent experience, not sure I put Pioneer in the reliable camp anyway. Appreciate any advice!!

Nakamichi used to be Elite.
They are not what they once were but the average person doesn't look for the same things in a HU as I do so...
If for no other reason the lack of bluetooth is a big problem.
If you are having a problem finding things and can't order off the internet then I get why you would go with whatever your local shop has in stock but maybe try a different model. The 3600/3605 has carplay and bluetooth

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, my shop owner says the 6605 says the unit has Bluetooth for music but only wired CarPlay... not totally sure what this means and not easy to find details online. I imagine stuff like mirroring Apple maps, appt notifications etc. requires lightning connection. I don't think bothers me too much, but I would wait for something like Pioneer/Kenwood if it beat Nakamichi significantly on sound quality or radio reception... Thanks again!

Most car play are wired only
Just means you have to physically plug it in
If it were me, I would wait.
I don't mind the Kenwoods but unless you go with the top of the line stuff I'm really a Pioneer fan

I’ve read some good things about some of their other models. Not a clue on what their quality is today but I would imagine it’s not junk. If you are on DIYMA, there is a user who used to be a dealer for them I think

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...