Any recommended audio equipment?!

Participant count
  • Participants list

Wubwub176

I am the new owner of a brand new 2015 VW Jetta. It was the right price and I was in the right place, so I got me a new vroom vroom. The problem I'm having is that the system I have in there, a kicker CompR 12" DVC and a kicker Class D 1200w amp, isn't producing the sound I like. I've been told everything from the box is wrong to Kicker is garbage to my back seats muffle to much of the sound. I've gotten a new box, I've tried with the seats down and everything under the sun it just does not work.

My questions are:

1) should I get a different system/brand? I'm returning the whole thing Monday and getting my money back.

2) are there any VW owners who have experienced this problem?

3) is 2 better than 1?

Dont tell me you got another prefab box... Did you troubleshoot like I told you to? Gain settings, EQ and all that jazz. Every trunk car will have a hard time getting louder than a hatchback or SUV but its not gonna muffle it if you set your system up right. If you dont know how to set stuff up right, you'll encounter this problem with any other system in any other car.

Dont tell me you got another prefab box... Did you troubleshoot like I told you to? Gain settings, EQ and all that jazz. Every trunk car will have a hard time getting louder than a hatchback or SUV but its not gonna muffle it if you set your system up right. If you dont know how to set stuff up right, you'll encounter this problem with any other system in any other car.

I didn't get a new box and I didn't mess with it. I'm returning it on Monday because I kinda need the money. I've had a really good experience with addictive audio and I know their products are well built, I'm probably gonna do some research and collect some information on other systems along with prices. I'm just not happy with the system I have, I've tried a lot of things and it just doesn't work

I didn't get a new box and I didn't mess with it. I'm returning it on Monday because I kinda need the money. I've had a really good experience with addictive audio and I know their products are well built, I'm probably gonna do some research and collect some information on other systems along with prices. I'm just not happy with the system I have, I've tried a lot of things and it just doesn't work
In your first post you said yougot a new box, and then youre saying you didnt. You sound like a whiny bitch no offense but it seems like you cant take advice and want people to tell you something you want to hear but we wont because what you wNt to hear is wrong probably

In your first post you said yougot a new box, and then youre saying you didnt. You sound like a whiny bitch no offense but it seems like you cant take advice and want people to tell you something you want to hear but we wont because what you wNt to hear is wrong probably
I did get a box, a sealed box, but I didn't buy any more? And who are you to tell me what I sound like? I don't know much about this stuff and I don't know how to properly tune it. I'm not whining. I'm asking for help, if you don't want to help then please leave

The head unit also has a loudness setting. What should that be set at? Off?

The head unit also has a loudness setting. What should that be set at? Off?
off.

What settings have you done so far? How is it sounding like after the changes? Is it just hitting deep bass, boomy bass and not kicking hard on the upper kick drum bass? or whats going on now? What you think is muffled is most likely just frequency response, loudness and phase issues.

off.
What settings have you done so far? How is it sounding like after the changes? Is it just hitting deep bass, boomy bass and not kicking hard on the upper kick drum bass? or whats going on now? What you think is muffled is most likely just frequency response, loudness and phase issues.
It's hard for me to explain the sound.. There isn't much kick, more so a whoof sound, more bassy than a clean kick. I've turn SLA off EQ to flat bass boost off basically turned all sound boost/amplification from the head unit. The sub level is +6 but I haven't been able to mess with the gain due to the weather. It's rainy windy and freezing cold haha. I could try in the next day or so to tweak the levels

It's hard for me to explain the sound.. There isn't much kick, more so a whoof sound, more bassy than a clean kick. I've turn SLA off EQ to flat bass boost off basically turned all sound boost/amplification from the head unit. The sub level is +6 but I haven't been able to mess with the gain due to the weather. It's rainy windy and freezing cold haha. I could try in the next day or so to tweak the levels
give me a song name and the particular portion of the song that it happens at. Sounds like you are just lacking a lot of midbass response typically within the 50hz and up region. Hows the overall output? It could just be not loud enough overall for you. You'll need to set the gains properly after doing all that so do that asap.

off.
The weather broke.. I'm gonna give it a shot. Turn the gain off and bass boost off, what should the crossover be at? I know you adjust the gain until t doesn't sound any louder or it distorts then back off a bit. Anything else I should do?

give me a song name and the particular portion of the song that it happens at. Sounds like you are just lacking a lot of midbass response typically within the 50hz and up region. Hows the overall output? You'll need to set the gains properly after doing all that so do that asap.
Beautiful people by Marilyn Manson. During the chorus the bass over powers the drum kick. Tornado of souls by megadeth. The bass overpowers the kick periodically in the verse and chorus riffs

The weather broke.. I'm gonna give it a shot. Turn the gain off and bass boost off, what should the crossover be at? I know you adjust the gain until t doesn't sound any louder or it distorts then back off a bit. Anything else I should do?
crossover on the amp left wide, thats the low pass filter, your head unit already has the low pass filter set.

Also this, try to put the subwoofer as close ot the rear trunk lid as possible, 4 inches away from it Or face it up firing the trunk lid. Keep it on the left passenger side instead of right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.