Any problems with hooking 2 different size amps to same speaker?

I wouldn't try it.

This quote is from Nick over at ssaudio.com, and is referring to a question asking would it be ok to put 2 identical amps on a dvc sub, one on each voice coil.

Yes, but the gains MUST be matched EXACTLY to put out the same exact amount of power to each coil. Just even the slightest bit off and you can kiss your sub goodbye. AKA: The gains need to be set professionally with a volt meter to each other. It's very very tricky, but it can be done.
So I really don't know how you'd do it with 2 different amps.. I wouldn't risk it, especially with an expensive W7.

I have had bad experiences trying to mess with amps that way. If you set one amp on each coil you will blow the sub in a few minutes. If you have the coils in series or paralell and you try to plug two amps into it, you will destroy your amps and prolly the sub too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.