any one know?

masterbass
10+ year member

im looking for some type of site on how to install coil overs i thought it would be easier i thought putting 18's would fill the gap but it just jackeed my civic hatch upit looks like a hot rodderif any could help me out i would appreciate it ohh any any one know where to get cheap headers or exhaust systems?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

Sorry dude, only stuff I know off the top of my head is domestic - but I will do some research and get back to you soon.

first what you do is remove the factory struts so thats the three nuts on the top then dissconect the bottom of the strut from the axels and sterring and un screw the brake line from the strut when you have the strut off you whould have to pop the shock be careful when you have aredy poped it put the after market ajustuble ring on the shock then place the spring over it then the top ring then put the shock together the same way you took it apart .after you got it assembled put the factory strut back in place connect every thing back up then ajust to the hight you whant if you dont no sh!t about cars and dont have the proper tools dont do it youre self look for a local speed shop were you can buy the coilovers and get a free installation since youre in new york i cant recoment any shops as far as headers and exaust since you have a civic there is alot of stuff you can buy for it best bet is to go to a store and get a super street magizine or a import tuner magizine and theres allways http://www.optionsautosalon.com or asylumms.com

i have a domestic, i drive an 89 cutlass supreme...and i actually like...

but it sits so high to the ground, i want to drop it to give it a better look....how can i do that......

sspider

Ohh ok...no not airbags found in the car... they replace the shocks and with a compressor, and an air tank, you can adjust the ride height. That is how you lower a truck to the ground //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I will explain more if you want.

Originally posted by Sspider yes please........and how much would some thing like that cost me....

sspider
I will draw a diagram up for you tonight and put it on here - about $1000 for 4 airbags, compressor, air tank, valves, plumbing, and wiring. If you get better stuff, the price jumps up.

You could always cut your springs a couple rungs. Extremely ghetto and not the safest thing, but should do the trick for VERY CHEAP! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yes then you would be considered a ricer, etc...that isnt exactly safe lol...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif(but of course you knew that)

- Steve

On imports there are things to look out for when lowering your car. . . its a Civic hatch right? First off i would suggest you step down to 16's or 17's. And 18" rim just adds unwanted weight and your top end will ****. . . i have 17's on my civic coupe and there is a noticable decrease in the top end speed of the car. Alsoif you lower the car more then a inch and a half you will more then likely need to get a Camber Kit. This allows you to adjust the lean of the tires in or out and preventing wear on your tires. . .

If you decide to go with coil overs, Matrix Coilovers are good for civics and they are in-expensive. If you want more reliability and a stiffer ride go with Skunk II or ground Control. . .

If you wanted to lower the car with lowering springs. . . i wouldnt touch anything other then Echibach springs for your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

masterbass

10+ year member
masterbass
new yizork
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from