any 6x9 -> 6.5 speaker adapters that work???

sumone
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
Just got the scosche SA69 6x9->6.5 adapters today, so that I could put my cdt cl-61s in the rear deck's 6x9 holes. However....

The adapter's hole diameter is too small! On the description at scosche's web site, it says you can fit a 5.25 or 6.5 woofer in there. The diameter of the hole is exactly 5.25 though! There's no way that 6.5 is gonna fit in there without cutting the hole bigger!

First, is there anyone who HAS successfully used this adapter for a 6.5 woofer (preferrably without any modding).

Secondly, are there any other ones out there that will work? since I got ajigsaw and a drill (and limited experience with these tools), I'm gonna try just making the hole bigger. But, if it doesn't work out....need a backup plan..aka...product

i bought the same ones and had no trouble puttin in my cdt cl-61's
WTF???

The speakers I was testing the diameter with were the hd-62efs and that needed 5.75. So when it came up that it's dependent on the speaker, I grabbed the cl-61s out the trunk and they needed a 5.5 inch cutout.

Either the adapter or the speaker changed or something cause these definately don't fit without any modding. was the cutout diameter of the adapter 5.25 inches??

anyway it goes...I put my jigsaw & drill to work and now have the cl-61s in there and installed in the rear deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.