Android auto head unit or eonon GA 2178

Participant count
  • Participant list

Icewind80

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking at upgrading from my stock head unit in 2011 lancer, to an Android auto unit.

Not an audiophile per se, but will look to reinstall my old 10"sub with amp, and am not averse to using external amplifiers to power the speakers if need be.

My main issues are that I like to listen to YouTube (Reddit stories and the like), and it seems like the brand name head units are geared to not use YouTube at all. I really need something that allows me not to touch my phone, as fines where I live is $1k for touching your phone not in a holder. Hence, looking at Android auto, and in particular, wireless
ndroid auto

So far I'm looking at the Kenwood ddx9 series head unit, or the eonon ga2176/78 head units. The main requirement is Android auto, preferably wireless, and need to be able to stream YouTube to listen to. I've heard of the car stream app, but cannot confirm if it works with the Kenwood head unit. If it does, id be tempted to go the Kenwood because of superior audio quality. Otherwise eonon looks to be quite good value.

Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction please?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.