Amplifier Suggestions

I just wanted to know what their settings are going to look like. They claim since its a full range that the HPF will act as the subsonic. As I am going to set my subsonic at 30hz when I do my box with new subs in it.

It’s a budget line Chinese amp so I’m assuming it’s going to be cheap power that will do rated and if pushed to its limits, will fail eventually.

Yeah I know I am just trying to get as much information as I can for when I go to do this in 2-3 months. I appreciate all the help from everyone. Idk which amplifier I am going to go with most likely it will be a 2k amplifier just gotta figure out which one,lol.

Yeah I know I am just trying to get as much information as I can for when I go to do this in 2-3 months. I appreciate all the help from everyone. Idk which amplifier I am going to go with most likely it will be a 2k amplifier just gotta figure out which one,lol.

Take a look at this one. Korean and .5 ohm stable.
Screenshot_20200812-183032_Samsung Internet.jpg

Buying pre-order from new """brands""" is very risky especially with a new line. There's been a lot of cases where it turns out great and everyone gets something really good on the cheap but there's been several cases where something goes wrong. Things almost never show up on time and new (untested) far east amps can be hit or miss. The biggest worry is how many dud amps can one of these startup """brands""" eat and not go bankrupt? I can assure you if Sundown got a run of bad amps from their buildhouse they do enough volume that they could bully a buildhouse into making good on replacing them or refunding (and they have deep enough pockets to eat a big loss in a pinch) whereas I doubt one of these Asian sweatshops gives 2 shits if Wolfram ever buys another amp from them if something goes sour.

A few memorable examples were the Diablo 2500, RD 3250V2 (which I think is why RD doesn't exist any more), and CT's famous series of amps that actually caught fire.

Current Wolfram amps in circulation are pretty much the same cookie cutter Korean boards that everyone else uses so you pretty much know what you're getting there, I'd suspect budget Chinese line would be more comparable to CAB or Skar's Chinese offerings. Far East full bridge is still very new so I'd ONLY buy those from a company like Sundown who I know can cover warranties if things go shithouse.

As you know I am building a new box with new American Bass TNT-1044s. So for a current amp I have a PPI 1000.1 which I am looking to upgrade to help power those subs. I have looked a few and wonder if anyone has suggestions for an amp. Think I should be looking at a 2K to 3K just to have some headroom and to make sure I am not under powering them.

Price Range I am looking at is 200 to possibly 300 Max.

1. I've looked at the Taramps, MD 1800 or the Smart 3K. Some people have issues with their quality some do not. Plus it seems to me or am I wrong that they don't have the adjustable settings that most have.

2. I have looked at the new Wolfram 0-2400.0 Full Range Mono Block for 199.95 on preorder. Have anyone run Wolfram Audio with good luck? I have seen reports of overheating on some of their other ones.

Edit: Nope that O series line from Wolfram is a Chinese Board according to the owner on Facebook.

3. Korean Amps of course. Been watching some videos on Willistons Labs Dynos and he had some good info.

4. Another one I like is the Orion XTR-2500.1, problem is you can't find them for less the 450-600 dollars and that is waaaay out of my price range.

5. CAB 2K any word on those?

Also I plan on running my subwoofers at 1ohm.

Once again my thanks from the other thread involving upgrading the subwoofers and for any amp suggestions here.

Watch the dyno test on the Brutal Sounds BS2.1
The amp was $299 about six months ago. Korean

Soundqubed is 299 as well and is the upgraded board of the Skar RP. I am hesitant to buy anything with the word Skar on it.

Would be nice for Wolfram to post the guts of the one I am looking at but they do have it up for the bigger amplifier but not their smallest one.

I am down to either the Soundqubed S1-2250 or the new Apex Cab-22 (formally CAB). It looks to be a whole new board and is from Korea as well. $199.99 on special. What concerns me is the fact I have to buy a 1 year warranty and they just don't give one right out the bat. They are supposed to get back to me about showing me the latest Prototype pictures with the Amplifier on the Dyno "Supposedly" producing 2400 at 1 ohm.

I know the CAB 2k Amplifiers had issues or was it the 1600.1s? ICR at this moment hopefully one of you guys remembers.

Also I pick up the table saw on Wednesday and hopefully not this weekend but next weekend it is cooler out and I start the Box Build with the design from @shredder2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.