Amplifer Help

I have IDQ’s and I’m just not that impressed. The Dayton ultimax is a great woofer. You could do 2 Dayton HO 10’s in the space you have. According to DIYMA users, they only need .7 ported each.

You dont like your IDQs? How come? Your IDQs are sealed in how big of a box and how much power? Was thinking of going sealed so I can get 2 10s

I have the v4 and it seems like they went for more output than sq but the output is still limited. I have them in a 2 cubic foot sealed box (2 10’s).

I’ve heard others as well that aren’t impressed it’s the v4 vs the previous versions

I have the v4 and it seems like they went for more output than sq but the output is still limited. I have them in a 2 cubic foot sealed box (2 10’s).

I’ve heard others as well that aren’t impressed it’s the v4 vs the previous versions

I sent you a PM. Should I just go with 2 sundown SA 8s or 1 JL Audio W6v3 12

If you don’t have 1.75 cubes after displacement (2 cubes ish), you won’t likely be able to run any 500-700 watt single 12 portEd. Sealed single 12 maybe but If you are going to do sealed you could do two 8’s or 10’s (maximize cone space) with little problem, unless Of course fitting in that spare tire well is an absolute requirement then any dual sub scenario will likely be a challenge.

Eq or spl aside, output requires air (box) space so if you aren’t committed to giving up the space, think single sub and compare apples to apples scenarios.

Sundown SA8 - spl oriented
Image Dynamics IDQ8 - sq oriented
Crossfire C5 8 - sq oriented
CT Sounds Meso 8 - spl oriented

crossfire and idmax you’re paying for their marketing name but they build good products. A Dayton ultimax can be a solid sub in the right enclosure. 2 sa8’s would be solid and give you Additional upsight should you decide to increase amp power later

Well I already have a 12 W7 on a JL Audio HD1200 in my daily car. I want something that sounds like a W7 as well as it plays loud but maintaining the SQ.

I was messing around with my trunk last night and pretty much removed all the plastic trim pieces and remeasured the gross volume. I pretty much have 3ft3 gross volume

I could do 2 8s, 2 10s, or 1 12.

Is it also true the lower you tune your box say 32 to 34 hertz the better SQ you will have?

Last edited:
So I took my car to a shop and if I do a fiber glass box I could do the following.

3 8”
2 10"
1 12"

If I go with the 8s it will.be sundown SA8 or IDQ8. 2 10s would be IDQ 10s. 1 12 would be audiofrog gb12 or w7

What you think will get loud but maintain quality

So I took my car to a shop and if I do a fiber glass box I could do the following.

3 8”
2 10"
1 12"

If I go with the 8s it will.be sundown SA8 or IDQ8. 2 10s would be IDQ 10s. 1 12 would be audiofrog gb12 or w7

What you think will get loud but maintain quality

Look at the AB VFL8's. They can really get down. They are also rated for 600 rms. each.
Screenshot_20200919-161322_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is it also true the lower you tune your box say 32 to 34 hertz the better SQ you will have?
Really depends on the sub and the vehicle. If you're not using it for home theater (movie sound effects) you won't miss not being able to play below 35hz, most real, normal speed music happens well above that.

Well I do have a W7 Ive been using for a while now. Its in spec box at 1.375ft3 sealed . If I want more lower end is it better to go bigger like 1.5 to 1.75 sealed for better lows?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.