Amplifer Help

I just measured my trunk and it looks like I wont be able to do a single 12 IDMAX as it will need 1.75 to 2ft3 in the spare tire well and I need to hide the amp in there. Looks like the best thing for me is to run two 8" subs.

Ive been reading the the IDQs bottom out at higher volume is this true?

Also considering 2 8" Sundown SA or Alpine Type R, Crossfire C5

Last edited:
Looks like the best thing for me is to run two 8" subs.
Would you consider running an 8" passive Bazooka Bass Tube. It would take the guess work out of the equation, sound great in the 50-200 watts range, and is especially good in a suv/hatchback.

Would you consider running an 8" passive Bazooka Bass Tube. It would take the guess work out of the equation, sound great in the 50-200 watts range, and is especially good in a suv/hatchback.

Probably not as I went to do a nice custom enclosure in the spare tire well. on 600 to 1000watts. Which 8" would you do?

Sundown SA8
Image Dynamics IDQ8
Crossfire C5 8
CT Sounds Meso 8

Why not an ID Max 10?

I would have more con area with 2 8s. The IDQ8 is still in the mix but if I get 2 8s and put 600RMS to it and play it say 3/4 volume will it bottom out? Thinking I will have to have a bass knob?

Possibly a 12 w6v3 since it takes the least amount of net volume at 1.3 or a Audiofrog GB series 12 that takes 1.5.

Probably not as I went to do a nice custom enclosure in the spare tire well. on 600 to 1000watts. Which 8" would you do?

Sundown SA8
Image Dynamics IDQ8
Crossfire C5 8
CT Sounds Meso 8
I have zero experience with 8" subs, except that Bazooka and a 8" enclosed Microsub by JL Audio. The Bazooka rocks, the JL sounds more like a mudbass. Most bassheads around here love the Massive Audio - Hippo or Sumo. They pound hard but boxes are big as well.

Is there a reason you're set on shallow subs? Those almost never sound very good, you'd do better, if you could find 2.5 cube net with some mounting depth to pick one good high excursion 12" woofer than 2 shallow ones. mx player

Last edited:
SA and IDQ are completely different woofers. Choose whether you want more output or better sq. The Audiofrog GB would be my choice if I had the money

SA and IDQ are completely different woofers. Choose whether you want more output or better sq. The Audiofrog GB would be my choice if I had the money

yeah its pretty much SQ or output. The IDQ still shoud get decently loud while maintaining SQ

The Dayton Ultimax is more of a home theater sub?

I have IDQ’s and I’m just not that impressed. The Dayton ultimax is a great woofer. You could do 2 Dayton HO 10’s in the space you have. According to DIYMA users, they only need .7 ported each.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.